CHAPTER 6

"What did I miss?" Draco followed Frank into the living room. He looked like a cartoon character taking wide strides with his huge gothic boots, and he swung his arms while he walked, "What are you reading, Alex?"

"Just a bad summary of our history, insulting adjectives, and our vocal ranges," said Alycandro, handing the tablet over to Frank, who looked overly excited, curious as always, and a bit childish.

"Actually, there's more... I'll read," Frank said and cleared his throat. "We will start with the funniest, most spontaneous, most adorable and joyful member of the group: Draco."

"I already love this article!" Draco began to hop around until Alycandro put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Come on! Read on, dude!"

"Because of his style of singing, Draco is usually responsible for high notes that are not designated to Zeth," Frank went on. "Because of that, Draco is the most likely to alter or play with the song's original melody, which is frustrating during live performances."

"Am I frustrating?" Draco asked, hunching his shoulders, his smile suddenly fading. He even pouted.

"You get used to it," Alycandro giggled, messing Draco’s scarlet hair a little.

"You're like an Animaniac on stage, let's just leave it at that," Finn said with a light laugh escaping his mouth, but Draco was not amused.

"I just alter things for fun!" Draco crossed his arms, still pouting, but all the boys made a face and let out a long, barely audible whimper. "Come on! The fans like it!" Draco puffed out his chest with his hands on his waist. "I'm their favourite!"

"We all know I'm the fan favourite!" Zeth crossed his arms and stood up, graceful as ever. "I mean, you all are great, but I'm the one with the most style... And I think we can all agree that I'm the most handsome."

"We are all handsome, Zeth!" Draco yelled.

"I would never deny that," Zeth inspected his nails. "But I'm the most handsome, period."

"Hey, can I continue?" Frank asked, and both boys nodded grumpily. "Good. Thank you! Where was I? Right!" Frank cleared his throat. "Draco competes with Zeth as the best belter of the group. However... Oh! It mentions you too, Zeth! It says here... Zeth can support higher notes better than Draco, who can sometimes sound shrill, so I'll safely say..."

"Wait! Let me get comfortable to hear the wonders the article will say about me!" Zeth said, placing his hands behind his neck, sinking back into the couch with his eyes closed and a wide grin. "Okay, now read it for me."

"Zeth is the best vocalist, his voice has a powerful and versatile range, allowing him to sing both aggressive rock vocals and more melodic passages, but still has his own issues with his tone, which sounds like he is forcing his throat to create a raspier sound, almost artificial."

"What?!" Zeth's eyes snapped open, and he sat up straighter, his face twisted into a furious expression. "Almost artificial?! That woman wouldn't know what talent is even if it hit her in the face three times! Artificial? ARTIFICIAL?! The only artificial thing about me is... NOTHING!" Zeth clenched his fists so tightly that it was scary. "Hasn't she heard that I'm the fan favourite? That's why you chose me as the leader!"

"And when exactly did the voting take place?" Alycandro crossed his arms, and Zeth waved him away with a hand.

"It was implied that I was to be the leader." Zeth puffed out his chest and looked up as if posing for a painting, "Or do you guys want to be a manager, singer, marketing team, and PR all in one?"

"Zeth's right. He is the one who always solves all the problems, and does almost everything that an entire team should do." Finn said, blushing a little.

"Obviously, I'm always right. Thank you, handsome," Zeth snapped his fingers and pointed at Finn, who blushed even brighter, "What can I say? I'm a very capable man."

"You guys talk a lot and say very little," Everett said, leaning against the wall, chewing on a large piece of ice in his hand.

"Since when are you just standing there without talking?" Draco asked, cocking his head.

"A while," Everett replied, biting into the ice in his hand.

"We'll have to put a bell on you," Alycandro said, frowning.

"We're reading an article by a vocal coach!" Frank told Everett. "Look! The article talks about you too!"

"I think it's better not to know what Cadence thinks of Everett," Zeth said with an eye-roll, "Everett isn't the type to take criticism well, he either ignores it completely, or solves it with a Death Match which I must remind you, big guy, is illegal," Then he pointed a finger at Everett, who took another bite of his large chunk of ice, staring blankly at Zeth, "Nah. I think you don't care about what Cadence thinks of you."

"Everett! Listen! It says..." Frank cleared his throat. "Everett has a voice as privileged as that of David Phelps himself. He has a strong, dark, and powerful voice throughout the range. It is distinctly low, but most importantly, it is emotionless."

"I really don't care," Everett said, his face expressionless, nothing new.

“Told you so,” Zeth laughed a little, "Don't you guys get tired of me always being right?"

"Oh, come on! Listen a little!" Frank continued reading. "Everett’s great technique allows him to sing opera, yet it seems that he has preferred to..."

"Frank, you can stop reading," Finn said, pointing to the balcony where Everett was, lost in the horizon. "Everett's already gone."

"That woman doesn't have the faintest idea of what it's like to be talented! I demand a public apology!" Zeth crossed his arms. "And I also want compensation for moral damage."

"Relax, Zeth," said Alycandro and patted his friend on the shoulder. "Remember, those who can't sing, teach. And those who can't teach, become critics."