CHAPTER 37

"Well, time for the show," Zeth said and left the locker room, followed by Everett, both dressed in their respective robes. "Jade, you will go outside and follow Egor's instructions."

"I'm nervous," she said, but Frank put his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"Everything is gonna be fine. You've got this. All you have to do is have a good time and go on stage when told."

"Alright!" Jade nodded and stood in front of the mirror, adjusting her hair. "Zeth, are you sure I should not wear the veil? It looked pretty, and had this purple tiara on it."

"We want your hair to shine, not the veil. Just..." Zeth lowered his eyebrows when he saw Draco's phone on the floor, reaching down to pick it up. The screen was almost as cracked as the window he smashed in Lyonfort for playing with a ball in the courtyard. The phone was already so broken that it was a miracle it could still be used. It had tape and glue everywhere, and the red casing with bat wings was chewed off from the edges. "Hey! I'm not going to buy you another one!"

"I'm sorry, it's just..."

"What is this notification? Someone tagged you on the Idol Academy page," Zeth narrowed his eyes, “And that someone is Anton."

Finn and Alex both turned to look at each other, panic in their eyes. Draco pursed his lips and looked away.

Frank took a few breaths before he approached Zeth.

"I don't think it's important," he tried to take the phone, but Zeth evaded his quick bionic hand.

"Let me read," Zeth cocked his head and turned his back on Frank. "Are we gonna collab with Sixth Octave?" Zeth read from the screen. He quickly replied, "No! Why does this tomato head think we'll collaborate?! We are more likely to collab with Peppa Pig than we are with them!"

“Actually,” Frank trailed off, "Zeth, there's something I need to tell you."

"Hey guys," a short man, shorter than Draco and dressed in an impeccable black suit, peeked out from behind some curtains. "I don't want to bother, but it's all set and the fans are getting impatient."

"Okay, Egor," Zeth told the wild-haired man, handing the phone to Draco. "Take Jade away, explain everything to her. We'll start shooting in ten minutes."

"Of course, Mr. Rahman," said Egor.

"Hey! Wait!" Zeth said, and Egor turned. "It won't be the ‘Monster Match’ music video. Please change the track. And call me Zeth, I have worked with you, and with your ancestors, since I was in Guardian Fort in Evalon. You don't need to be fancy."

"Why change it last minute?" Draco asked. "We don't have any other song ready except for..." Draco gasped and shook his head. "Zeth! Oh no! You can't be serious! But we said that song should never see the light!"

"What song?" Jade asked, as vain as Zeth, now checking her outfit in a mirror.

"A song we wrote and recorded long ago," Alex hung his head. "But we agreed it would never see the light of day!"

"You're not talking about... That song!" Frank turned red, very red, so red that his head looked like it would explode.

"Zeth, reconsider," Finn pleaded. "Monster Match is a song about finding love online... And being dumped but, whatever."

"And you think a strip club goes with the lyrics?" Zeth lowered his eyebrows.

"If it's song I think it is, lyrics would be hate letter to Sixth Octave," Everett said, bumping a fist into his hand. For the first time, he smiled like a normal person, a bit mischievous though. "Let's do it!"

"Egor," Zeth looked at his personal assistant and nodded. "Dust off the song and put it in the background." Zeth rubbed his hands maliciously. "Oh yeah, guys. Let's shoot the video for 'You Can Suck My...' and dance like there's no tomorrow!"

"I'm foreseeing the tabloids criticizing us," Frank put his hands over his face. "We never should have ever recorded that song!"