CHAPTER 71

It was already one in the morning, and Jade was so full of adrenaline and excitement that she could stay up all night and stay as radiant as spring.

Jade and Evangeline both entered a luxurious hotel room, practically a suite, with high ceilings and flooring inlaid with intricate patterns that matched the brown walls. The bed was large and made for two people, though Evangeline said she would not sleep. A small desk and chair were positioned on either side of the king-sized bed.

They had already spent a long time here in silence, with the black-haired girl just standing at the door without saying anything. From time to time, she walked out to patrol, then closed the door again.

"You're going to have breakfast with the boys in the morning," Evangeline said as Jade opened the minibar to grab a soda after half an hour. "We'll go back to Hollow Woods after that."

"The boys will also stay in this hotel?" Jade asked.

Evangeline nodded as Jade took her hair brush from her purse, setting a small mirror down carefully before beginning to brush her hair.

"And you plan to visit them in the suite upstairs," Evangeline said. How did she know? "There's no other reason why you're doing your hair."

"Do you know which suite they're staying in?" Jade asked.

"The only one big enough for six guys. It is the only door on the top floor." she replied, pulling out her cell phone when it rang in her purse on the bed. "Actually, they've just arrived."

"I want to go see them," Jade said, and Evangeline nodded.

"Sure... What do you want to see them for?"

"I just want to congratulate them," Jade replied, a bit annoyed.

After seeing them on stage tonight stealing the show, something in Jade changed. A compelling need to be a part of their lives, of their band, had taken over her. She wanted to know more about them. To understand them better, better than Evangeline could ever hope to be able to.

Slowly, Jade had become obsessed with them, each and every one.

She had fallen for Frank's tenderness, Draco's energy, Alex's irreverence, Finn's tenacity, Zeth's leadership, and Everett's directness.

It didn't matter how much time passed; they continued to be unforgettable and fascinating.

She was perhaps not in love yet, but she was willing to be with each and every single one of them, to be everyone's girlfriend at the same time. That was what she needed to find peace for her soul.

They would all be together, laughing, loving, embracing each other in a group hug, kissing... And she would surrender her life, mind, and body to them in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

No. She would make things happen this time, enough waiting for things to fall from the sky!

"Well," Evangeline began slowly, "I don't think you should..."

"I want to go talk to them, and I will," Jade replied sharply, ignoring her words.

Evangeline gave a sigh in response.

Jade left her purse hanging on the dresser and headed towards the door that led directly outside onto the balcony. The sky, a dark blue that was almost black, was dotted by countless stars.

At the first star she saw, she made a wish.

One that wouldn't be granted today, but a wish nonetheless. If only she could make a little bit of magic into reality, then everything else would fall into place and make sense. The pieces would fit.

Her wish was to have the willpower to be her best version, the one the boys made her be, from here to eternity, to be with them. That way, she'd be someone who lived every moment as thoroughly, as fully, as she possibly could. Someone whose life would have meaning, purpose, and love. Someone worthy of being loved. Someone to whom they'd look forward, someone who'd hold them and cherish them. Someone that they could feel safe with.

"I'm going to go talk to them," Jade said, taking her purse and walking towards the door. "I want privacy."

Evangeline didn't reply and just looked away. Jade opened the door and stepped out into a quiet hallway. Her heart hammered against her chest, her throat felt dry and constricted. There was only one direction to go.

And that direction was Frank, Draco, Alex, Zeth, Everett, and even Finn.

And the final destination would be to become the girlfriend of Monster Mash.

After taking the elevator and knocking on the door, someone quickly opened up.

"Oh! Hi, Jade!" He said, waving effusively. It was Draco, who was drinking a red liquid from a glass...

Oh God!

"Is that... What I think it is?" Jade turned pale; the world was spinning.

Her stomach knotted and the urge to vomit rose in her throat, but she was able to contain herself.

“Oh! This?" Draco held up his drink, "It's just delicious! You should try it! It's my secret recipe! The trick is to put a bit of liquid chocolate and a little…”

“I don't want to know,” Jade held her mouth with one hand and her stomach with the other.

Was that blood?

Obviously it was blood!

Draco was a vampire!

And he drank it like this!?

It looked vile!

And she couldn't believe the fact that he was drinking so much blood!

She should have known when she learned he was a night creature!

But what was she thinking?

Seeing how childish the boy was, she thought he would just drink some chocolate or something, but noooo!

He obviously drank blood!

The worst part about it was that he probably didn't even feel bad about it.

Draco had already opened his mouth, as if to speak. His lips were tinted scarlet red, and his fangs too, and he was smiling?!

"Do you want to come in? I can get you some…" He raised his glass to her.

"No!" she screamed, backing up. She needed to get away from him before he offered her that bloody, literally bloody, disgusting thing he was holding.

"Draco, who is it?" Alex came up from behind, followed by Everett. "Oh! Hello, Jade!"

"I don't feel well," she staggered back, tears of terror streaming down her face. Her breathing was quickening; she felt dizzy.

"Are you okay? You look as pale as snow... And clumsy, like Baby Yeti," Everett said, but she was already tumbling.

"I think I'm going to... Pass out!" she suddenly fell backwards like a sack of potatoes onto the carpeted hallway floor.

Everett stood still and numb, looking at the girl sprawled on the ground.

Draco stared at her as well, taking another sip of his cherry juice from the glass.

"Does she always pass out that hard?" Everett asked, and Draco nodded.

"Yeah, she always wobbles and falls like that," Draco said, licking his lips.

"She went down like oak tree, a scrawny little one," Everett said through narrowed eyes, "She looks like squashed spider, all sprawled and motionless."

"Me lleva la chingada! Why doesn't anyone ever catch Jade when she passes out?!" Alex yelled, hastily kneeling next to her to pick her up in his strong arms, turning to face the door, "Quítense, par de pendejos! I must take her to bed!"

"Shouldn’t we call 911?" Everett asked the question any normal, sane person would ask.

"Takes the romance out of it," Draco replied, shifting his shoulders.