CHAPTER 3

"My turn. You look so submissive. Hold your breath until you're dizzy. Bite my flesh, you drive me crazy. Yes, you know I like it rough!" Singing his verse in his deep, masculine voice, Alycandro ran a hand through his brown hair, which was as dripping in sweat. Jade's grandfather used to listen to regional Mexican music during the Christmas holidays, and when she heard Alycandro for the first time, she almost swore that it was Alejandro Fernández himself who was singing.

It seemed that Mexican men named Alejandro were gifted with great voices and incomparable attractiveness, although this boy was Alycandro and not Alejandro but, semantics.

He looked every inch the Latino superstar he was. His cinnamon-coloured skin glistened under the blinding lights above him. He flexed his biceps and winked at someone in the audience, and wow! He looked so sexy in his black vest with a furry purple collar. A purple tank top with black tiger stripes squeezed his body like a latex glove on an oversized, robust hand. He was less bulky than Frank standing next to him on stage, but just as tall and imposing, raw muscle, yet there was an air of danger about him unlike sweet, clumsy Frank.

"Cuffed and widely open. You will gasp for me all of a sudden. I'm on top and you should know that I won't stop until you're sore!" Alycandro finished with a high note, and then he started moving his hips like a professional stripper, licking his lips and pointing at someone in the audience, and when he put his thumbs in the elastic of his black sweatpants, and looked like he was going to pull them down with an obscene movement of his hip, he laughed and shook a finger no.

He could be quite the tease!

His golden-yellowish eyes had an air of rebellion, fury, and mystery that reminded Jade of the bad boy cliché in romance books. He had an addictive and interesting wolf in sheepish clothing look, and he did look like a wolf with those white fangs and sharp claws!

But this whole bad boy look was nothing more than a facade. Everyone knew that this Hispanic heartthrob was anything but a big bad wolf, rather he was a puppy that wags his tail beneath the surface.

Alycandro had visited thousands of zoos and saved many animals in need. Even the fiercest creatures would lower their heads to be petted by him. From panthers and wolves to rhinos, vipers, and even whales!

Alycandro had also founded a chain of free veterinary clinics around the world. He had donated to thousands of sanctuaries that rescued animals from the streets or mistreatment. Additionally, he had provided homes for many stray animals, including cats, dogs, donkeys, and even three lions and an elephant.

Oh yeah. He was a sweet pup that all the Mashers around the world loved.

"That's an A4 note, that's as high as Alycandro can go," said Melody, waving her hand dismissively, "Sometimes I think Alex is in the wrong place. Do you know who Alejandro Fernandez is?" Melody asked and Jade nodded, "Good! Now you know Alex shouldn't be singing this, but hey! I am not complaining. I can't imagine my life, or the band, without Alex in it. Still, I think Draco and Zeth sing better than him."

"So, you think Draco or Zeth are the best voices?" Jade asked Melody.

"Perhaps Frank is also a candidate for the best voice."

"To be honest, the first time I heard Frank's voice, I thought it was Zayn Malik," Jade said, a bit embarrassed for not having an ear as sharp as her friend's.

"Well, yes, they have similar voices and techniques," said Melody. "Here comes Frank's solo... Let me listen!"

"You're my slave! And I am your, I am your, I am your master! Mess with me! And I'll squeeze much tighter until we both can't breathe!" Frank Rubinstein was singing beneath a green LED light, his black and white hair dripping wet. "We both know! We should kill each other slow! I'll make you moan, make you scream, give you pleasure and pain!" With one hand raised, Frank showed effort to hit a high note, and even the veins in his neck popped.

After his high note, Frank began to dance to the music, a little clumsily, but he always strived to keep up with his friends on stage, and always gave fans everything even though both of his legs were highly advanced bionic prostheses, protruding from the boxy black shorts he was wearing.

His left arm was also bionic.

In some interviews he said that it was difficult for him to dance well at first and even worse when his prostheses got stuck, and that he apologised in advance if he forgot any dance moves. But the Mashers could never complain, because he was 'the heart of the band' because of his unbreakable will... And because he was also the reason the band existed in the first place.

When the band went from being a duet to a group, Frank thought that no one would pay attention to him because no one likes a 'broken boy' so he used to conceal his metallic prosthetics, but over time, and thanks to the love from his fans, he had shed his inhibitions. Now, he dressed more like his bandmates. Tonight, in fact, he was wearing a green and black sleeveless button-down shirt with a white collar and a black necktie.

Frank never talked about his accident, but in an interview, he commented that it was as if he had been 'brought back to life' by lightning, whatever that meant.

Frank had donated millions of his income to charities for brain injuries, people in need of transplants, and those in need of one or more prosthetics. He also supported medical studies on rare diseases and even founded a charity called 'Sparked to Life' which had amassed at least two hundred thousand dollars since its launch last month. In a video response, Frank appeared incredibly moved, blown away, and grateful, bursting with joy.

It was so heart-warming to see such a big boy being so emotional.

Frank was the second tallest and second bulkiest guy in the group. While his towering frame could be intimidating at first glance, his mismatching green and blue eyes, cute smile, and soft voice never failed to remind fans that he was the sweetest and most innocent member of the band, because yes, Draco could be adorable, but there was no one with a heart as sweet as Frank's in the whole world.

He was a dreamer, a fighter, and curious to the point of being somewhat clumsy.

In fact, there were many videos of him falling face first on stage. He did fall on a Masher once. He broke the arm of the girl actually. Jade, being 92 LBS herself, could imagine how painful it could be to have a 230 LBS guy fall on you, but the lucky girl got a visit from Frank in hospital, and he even signed her splint.

"That high note Frank just hit was a C5," said Melody with a finger on her chin. "But you're right, his voice and Zayn's are a bit similar. I don't know, I think Frank is a very good vocalist, and he knows how to use his power more than Alex, vocally speaking."

"That doesn't mean that Alycandro isn't a good singer," Jade said and gave her friend a light nudge.

"I mean, yeah, Alycandro has a nice voice, and Frank's high notes are good, but nothing spectacular. The great thing about the boys is that each one brings something unique to the table and can compensate for what another boy may lack."

"None of them lack anything," Jade said, her tone perhaps slightly offended.

"Well... The ugly duckling, the least interesting voice of the group?" Melody looked Jade directly in the eye.

"Finn?" Jade gasped.

"He may be handsome, too handsome to tell the truth, but he's... Irrelevant. Just listen to his part!"