CHAPTER 16

Zeth was looking straight into Jade's eyes, a wicked smile on his face that promised a certain flirtation. Or was she hallucinating? There was no time to know, because the boy immediately launched the first question.

"The First World War. What event triggered it?"

"The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand," she replied, "Although there was already some background."

"The assassination of the Romanovs," Zeth insisted, "What do you know about it?"

"The Bolsheviks seized power and the Romanovs remained in their custody until they arranged the execution."

"Leaders of the Allied Forces during the second world war?" Zeth half-shut his eyes.

"Franklin D. Roosevelt, Joseph Stalin and... Winston Churchill? I think?”

"Greek goddess of the hunt?" Zeth was turning red.

"Artemis, and she was also the goddess of wild animals, births and virginity," she replied quickly, "That doesn't count as a history question, does it?"

"Brother of the god Set of Egypt?!" Zeth yelled.

"Osiris, who married Isis, and before you ask, Horus was the son of Osiris and Isis," Jade crossed her arms, "You done?"

"Are you going to kiss yet?" Everett asked and all the other boys shut him up with a loud shhhh.

"Well done girl," Zeth crossed his arms, "You impress me, and that's not easy."

"Thank you," Jade grumbled, Zeth nodded.

"You are very welcome. But now tell me..." Zeth moved dangerously close to her, his nose and lips merely inches from colliding with hers, and then he whispered, "What is your plan? You fainted, apparently, and then what? Who sent you to tear apart my family? Because you seem very suspicious to me... Are you a hunter?"

"Are you on drugs?" she put a finger on the division of Zeth's chest and pushed him away, "Or why do you say so many stupid things?"

"Kiss already!" Everett yelled and all the boys shut him up again.

"She's not that lucky," Zeth laughed, looking her square in the eye.

"You are not," she replied.

"I haven't felt this much tension between Zeth and a girl since that Jungle Spirit model danced with him," Draco said, suddenly in the kitchen eating popcorn, "This is so hot!"

"At what point did you leave my side and made popcorn?!" Alex yelled at Draco, but Frank gasped and snapped his fingers.

"Oh! Zeth! I have an idea!" Frank exclaimed, jumping a little in his place, "Zeth! We need a model for our video. What if..."

"Absolutely not!" Zeth yelled.

"Absolutely yes!" Alex and Draco yelled at the same time.

"Zeth! She's perfect for..."

"You shut up, Finn!" Zeth replied and turned to Jade, "She's not a professional dancer! We don't even know if Janice can dance well! And in my opinion, she is a hunter."

“My name is Jade,” she was getting sick of this.

"She's too scrawny to be hunter," Everett said, "And she's Henry's stepdaughter, according to her."

"Good point, but she's still a threat," Zeth replied, snapping his fingers.

Oh! He was quite an asshole!

"I want her to be model," Everett stood up and bumped a fist into his hand, "Unless there's problem with that, Zeth."

"Fine! Do what you want!" Zeth crossed his arms, "If anyone needs me, which is obviously going to happen, I'll be downstairs smoking a cigarette!"

"I also need a cigarette," Frank said, but then shook his head, "No, I better not. I don't want to be short of breath on stage again."

"I think it's a good idea for Jade to be our model, Zeth," Finn said with a hand up like a school kid.

"No! Hold on!" Jade said and shook her head, "Guys, I appreciate everything you've done for me tonight but Zeth's right."

"Always," Zeth smiled.

"I have no idea how to dance and I'm not a model! And much less a Hunter, whatever that means."

"We can teach you how to dance!" Draco said, walking briskly towards her, "It's easy! You just relax and let yourself go! Like this!" And then Draco started to dance. He swayed his hips sensually, ran his hands through his torso and hair, and God! He was so hot! He was like a stripper in action!

"Hey, are you still recording?" Everett pointed to the phone in the light ring and she turned red.

If Melody saw this, that Draco himself was dancing for her, she would surely faint.

"Guys, I really appreciate the offer," she looked down and went to her phone to stop the recording and send a message to Melody, "But... Just give me the cat and I'll go, okay?"

"Not yet," Zeth looked down at her, "First you sign the papers, then you leave."