CHAPTER 89

"Didn't you say you loved me, Von Stroker?" Alycandro asked Draco, a mocking grin plastered on his face.

Draco clenched his fists, his eyes flashing like rubies.

"Yes, but love is fleeting for someone immortal, Alfaro," he said, turned away from Alycandro and faced Jade, grabbing her hand. "Let's go to my room."

"But I just sat down! I haven't spent more than ten minutes in any fucking room in this place!" She complained while suddenly dragged her behind him, "Wait! Don't pull my arm! I'm going to fall, you moron!" She yelled until they reached the door of his room, which was a red cushion with a handle. Draco opened it quickly and closed it even quicker behind himself, sighing.

There were red walls lined with bookshelves and it was all lit by lanterns that hung above Jade's head.

This was a Victorian-looking bedroom, full of furniture from the 19th century. The carpet underneath her feet was red too.

"Is this?" she counted the bookshelves. "A library?! With a bed?" She then turned to look towards the window behind the desk. "A garden of roses? This place is beautiful."

"Stupid Alycandro," Draco muttered. "Who does he think he is to tell me who to love?" When Draco turned his eyes, he found Jade standing there, tapping her foot, arms crossed.

What did he do wrong now?!

"I'm not a trophy, Draco," Jade told him.

"W-What?" He giggled nervously.

Jade narrowed her eyes and took a step towards him. His heart started beating so loudly that he thought it would burst out of his chest.

"I'm your friend, Draco," her tone was beyond furious. "And I might look naïve, but I ain't stupid."

"W-What do you mean?"

"Your not-boyfriend, Draco!" She yelled. "That's what I mean!" She grabbed his shoulders and shook him. "All of us fans want to see you together and you are both being stupid and irrational!"

"Jade, stop!" Draco cried out, and he had no idea how he stepped away from her, but before he knew it, he was walking in circles. "He does not love me!"

"Really?" her voice was not as sweet as usual.

"It's just that... I like you," Draco whispered. "Jade, you are amazing, beautiful, smart, strong, kind..."

"Stop." She cut him off. His cute cheeks flushed pink. "If you say one more word about me..."

"I am bisexual, okay? I knew all along,” His face turned bright red then. "But Alex is not!"

“He is,” she frowned.

"But maybe he's bisexual without being bisexual and that's why he doesn't like me?"

"That makes absolutely no sense!" she threw her hands up. "I don't understand you, Draco! Why make such a big drama?" She widened her eyes and nodded with her hands on her waist, "I already sound like Everett."

"Should I stay away from Alex?" Draco asked with his puppy eyes filled with sadness.

"Do you really love him?" she asked, and he swallowed hard.

"I don't understand why you’re asking me that."

"Yes or no?" she insisted.

"It's just that I like whatever comes my way! I have lousy taste!" He exclaimed and she raised an angry eyebrow. He sensed he had just made a mistake of some kind and swallowed hard, "I don't know what I said but I feel like you're going to slap me."

"Do you love Alex or not?"

"Isn’t it obvious?" he dropped his shoulders. "Yes, I do. He fills me up, makes me happy, warms me up like summer and makes me feel life is good, okay?"

Jade's face softened, and she walked closer to him.

"Then you must give him space." Jade put both her hands on his shoulders. "When you love someone you let them go, and if they come back, they were always yours."

"It's just that he's never going to love me.”

"You have to understand him," She looked at him for a couple of seconds, then she pulled him into an embrace. She caught him off guard. "Draco, we're going to work this out together."

"Why are you hugging me?" Draco asked.

"To show you some love," she said and hugged him even tighter. "Don't ever forget that I'm your friend, okay? And I'll probably be your girlfriend after tonight."

His eyes watered.

How could someone, a mortal, someone who had lived way less than him, be wiser?

He was so stupid.

A tear escaped his eye.

"Thank you, Jade."

"For what?" she let go of him with tears in her eyes too, but she wiped them quickly.

"Just... For everything," Draco said. "I... I love you."

"Love you too, Animaniac," she smiled at him. "And no matter what happens, I'm here for you." She placed her hands on his face. "He loves you, I know it, he kind of told me that, quite literally."

"He... Loves me?!" Draco blushed like a tomato.

"Alex is afraid of ruining your friendship, that's why he got upset," Jade replied. "But he loves you, all the Mashers in the world know it."

"But why go after someone new if he loves me? I don't think Kevin feels the same way about Alex," Draco crossed his arms and turned away.

"Is that it, or is it that you don't want to share Alex with Kevin?" Jade asked. For a second, Draco looked perturbed, but he did not answer the question.

"Everyone stop suffering because of my absence! I'm here! We're home!" Zeth's voice came from outside. "Alex! Draco! Are you here? You left your cars at Kevin’s and my chauffer had to... What the hell is this mop doing outside the closet?! Frank! Where are you?! You mopped the floor and you didn't put the mop in the closet again! Frank!"

"It's time," Jade said, sighing heavily.

"What are you talking about?" Draco asked.

"I'm going to sign the contract to be your girlfriend," Jade said with a nod. "I'm not going to hide my feelings anymore. The question is... Are you and Alex going to keep on denying what all of us Mashers already know?"