CHAPTER 40

"I'm about to make a hard decision," Finn said, taking a long sip of his drink as he looked around the dance floor where a camera panned Jade dancing to the music with Zeth and Alex.

"Are you going to come out of the closet?" Draco asked while reaching across and under the bar, grabbing a bottle, already drenched in sweat from filming his part on the bar.

"I don't even know if I'm gay. Sometimes I like women physically and mentally, but I am physically and sexually attracted to men and..." He frowned when he saw Draco pouring himself a martini with his mouth wide open and his tongue out, "Hey! Draco, we agreed you would not drink," Finn said and took the bottle and the martini from him, "No sex nor alcohol. Do you want to have a relapse?"

"But it's a special night!" The vampire pouted, "Fine. Thanks for worrying, I guess. Anyway, are you going to come out of the closet then?”

"Yeah, I'm coming out, but from the band," Finn said.

"Are you nuts?!" Draco asked, way too loud as always, "Finn! You almost killed yourself just to audition a third time! You sold your scooter and spent all your savings to pay for a ticket and fly all the way from Hawaii, alone, to be a part of the band, you've worked so hard and you're going to let it all go?"

"I think it's about time," Finn put his water on the bar and leaned against it, "I've been thinking about it for a long time already. People don't love me now, they'll love me less if I come out of the closet, and I don't have a ship that girls love like you and Alex."

"Alex and I are just friends," Draco shrugged, watching as his werewolf friend swept Jade into his arms and spun around as Zeth and some girls cheered around him.

"You sure?" Finn asked, "Alex cares a lot about you all the time even though he knows nothing can hurt you."

"Don't change the subject, sushi roll," Draco grabbed his friend by the shoulders and shook him so hard Finn almost thought his eyes would pop out, "You've bent over backwards to be in this band! You can't just walk away!"

"You're making me dizzy! Let me go!" Finn said, and Draco stopped shaking him.

“Sorry, I got carried away.”

"God! I just can't handle this anymore!" Finn put his hands on his face, and rubbed his forehead afterwards, "No one takes me seriously, everyone interrupts me all the time, even some girls told me I'm the least important member of the band! A decoration."

"But you are our friend, family even!" Draco said and put his arm around Finn, "You can't give up now. Plus, you're my best friend! After Alex... And Frank...” He put his finger on his chin, stepping back, “And Zeth but he and I have known each other for thousands of years and grew up together in The Titan... The thing is! You and I are very close, and I don't know what I would do without you! You know almost everything about me and I know everything about you!"

"Tell me when my birthday is," Finn lowered his eyebrows and Draco gulped with his eyes wide open, blinking slowly, turning left, then back at Finn.

"I'm bad with dates and, you know... Nobody remembers their friends' birthdays!" Draco laughed nervously.

“Your birthday is on March the 3rd, according to your accounts because January and February did not exist in your time.” Finn frowned.

"That doesn't count because you, Zeth and I visited Baphelise to ask her about the constellations and she gave us the answer," Draco rolled his eyes, "I don't even remember that Baphelise said that Zeth’s birthday is technically on August the 22nd!” Draco then turned red and swallowed hard, "Well, but that doesn't count because maybe the witch used a spell and tattooed it in my brain! Besides, I doubt you know when everyone's birthdays are!"