CHAPTER 10

Everything was very quiet.

Jade was beyond comfortable and warm in this bed.

She opened her eyes, and for a moment, she felt serene.

Jade had no idea where she was.

The headboard behind her was in the shape of a massive full moon.

The room was large, airy, and furnished in browns, golds, and beige.

This was big. The walls were made of stone and the windows were arched so this was a castle, right?

A castle... The Darktide Hotel was a castle!

"Oh shit..." Jade sat up, almost sinking into the bed like quicksand. "How did I get here?"

"Alex brought you," a deep voice said, very, very deep.

Jade looked up.

Sitting in a chair at the foot of this huge, really huge bed was a boy.

White, blue, and purple hair? Ice blue eyes?

The chair looked like a toy compared to him!

And he was wearing a white furry vest.

"My God!" Jade yelled, "Everett Frostakov?" The guy didn't say a word; he just stared at her like she was some particular kind of ant. "Oh god! I'm a fan!"

"I know," Everett said, pointing to the shirt Jade was wearing. This guy was more handsome in person, and bigger too. His hair seemed soft, and it glittered like his snow-white skin, "Your survival instincts suck. You should take knife and stab me to escape."

"Escape? I don’t even have a knife and..." She blinked a lot, frowning, "No! I'm not going to stab... Oh my god! You're Everett Frostakov! Oh holy Jesus! I'm going to pass out again!"

"You shouldn't faint if someone kidnaps you," Everett said, growling.

"And you... Kidnapped me?" She asked, "Well, it's a very comfortable kidnapping."

"You talk lot of nonsense for someone so small," Everett replied.

"I'm sorry, it's just... I'm nervous," Being in Everett's presence was like being in a cold blizzard with no clothes on, waiting for the end of time to arrive. His gaze was penetrating, his tough face intimidating, and his heavy breathing was too loud. Jade was an inexperienced climber about to climb a mountain, fearful but excited at the same time to have taken the risk.

It was almost impossible to believe that she was here with Everett, one of her six idols. It was like she had already reached the top after years of dreaming of even setting foot on the mountain.

Everett was just watching her, his intense blue eyes boring holes into her as if he could read all her secrets if he stared long enough.

"How long have I been here?" Jade asked.

"Not even ten minutes," Everett said slowly, with a slight smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. The boy seemed to be on the defensive, hunched forward as if Jade was a threat, as if he had been anticipating something bad from the beginning. Jade tried hard to contain her excitement, forcing herself to stay calm and collected. She was supposed to look like someone who knew what she was doing, someone who could handle any situation. But inside, she was screaming, nervous, uncertain, terrified, excited, angry, sad...

"Is... Is this your room?" Jade tried to make small talk with him, but the cold boy shook his head. "And the boys... Alycandro and Zeth and Draco..." She looked around, but Everett only pointed to a door behind him. "Oh! Are they outside?" But Everett just nodded. "Hey... Can you tell them I want to go now?"

The boy nodded and stood up.

Jade looked up, her mouth wide open.

He was practically a solid seven-foot-two giant!

And he was supposed to be twenty-six years old?! But on what planet?!

He was tough as a mountain!

"Is she awake yet?" a soft, sweet voice asked as the door opened.

Jade started to shake; her heart was pounding like crazy.

Oh God!

This six-foot-five boy had a green towel around his waist only, and his black and white hair was drenched on his forehead.

Oh Jesus Christ!

Jade bit her lip and took a deep breath.

The boy fixed his natural blue and bionic green eyes on her.

"Hi, I'm Frank," then the square-jawed boy turned to Everett. "Hey, the shower's yours, I'll take care of her."

Jade couldn't stop looking up and down at Frank.

Small drops of water ran down his pecs; one was made of metal, as round and firm as the one that was firm muscle. The metal plates on Frank's back clacked and buzzed when he turned his back on her to close the door behind Everett, who had to duck to avoid hitting his head with the frame.

"I want to apologise on Everett's behalf, in case he said something rude," Frank said, turning to face her, "He's not rude, he's just... Everett. Anyway! What's your name?"

"I'm Jade," she said and Frank offered a beautiful smile.

"Nice to meet you... I hope you don't mind that I only have a towel on!"

"Oh, of course it doesn't bother me!" Jade said, her eyes fixed on the boy's perfectly sculpted abs and obliques, blushing red.

She was so close!

She wanted to touch him!

And that expensive body wash smell!

It was intoxicatingly sensual!

"Sorry for this, but I was taking a shower when I found out that Alycandro brought you to my bed," he said, his robotic legs buzzing slightly with each step. "I'm going to put some clothes on."

"Oh! Sure! If you must!" she said, blinking a lot with her hands on her cheeks, dilating her pupils.

"Oh well, I think I must!" Frank chuckled a bit. It was then that the towel fell from his waist to the ground...