CHAPTER 85

Frank was standing there, in his neon green boxer briefs only, with a pile of his clothes at his feet. And he already had his fingers in the waistband of his boxers, ready to lower them!

"Frank, what the hell are you doing?" Jade asked again.

"You told me..." Frank gulped, "You told me you wanted to come to my room."

"Yes! To sleep! Put some clothes on!"

There was a light pink blush spreading over his cheeks. He was obviously embarrassed but didn't seem to know how to react.

Despite her shock, she did take her time admiring his body.

He was so fit, like one of those models from magazines, muscles rippling under his skin. His abs looked really strong and defined. A little too perfect for someone who spent all his days doing nothing but analysing blueprints.

Her mouth had gone dry.

"You are... Staring at me," he said, hunching.

"I... I am," she whispered, lost in the way his bionic hand landed on one of his pecs, the one that was made of metal, as round and firm as the other one, "You... Are hot... You have the best body of the entire group. I mean, obviously you're hot but I mean... I've seen you shirtless before but... Oh god I'm going to pass out again."

He shivered.

"I'd like to tell you how the Vorpal Steel mesh under the flexible plates is the same as human muscles, and about my gym routine but I think... I'm going to get dressed and get over this," he lowered his head, trying hard to hide his embarrassment behind an awkward laugh. He picked up his clothes and turned around, then walked towards the door. There was a metal plate there too, on his V-shaped back, "Maybe in the bathroom so that you don't have to..."

"Wait," she stopped him before he opened the door. He turned back and stared at her again, his expression unreadable, "Why are you hiding?" Judging by the look on his face, he had no idea what she meant. So she repeated herself, "Why are you hiding? Are you hiding your body? Are you worried that I see you like this? I mean, yesterday and tonight you had no problems showing yourself to the world!"

"The thing is..." It took him a moment to reply. Then he let out a soft sigh. "It's not that I hide my body. Sometimes I still feel ashamed but almost always I feel proud because I had a second chance to live. I'm just sorry for having misinterpreted things, and... I think I'm more sorry for the context than my physique. I've never done this before," he chuckled. "I mean, I have undressed in front of a lot of women, but not like this. Not to make love."

"Make... WHAT?!" Her voice came out like a squeal.

He looked like he regretted even saying the words.

"I'm a fool, right?" he laughed awkwardly, moving his bionic hand over his face. "Don't tell anyone about this."

She stood there for a few seconds, unable to process the situation.

"Please calm down, it was my mistake," he looked down. "I'm a fucking mess."

"Yes, you are," she approached him slowly, placing her hands on his chest, right above his heart. "But you're also beautiful. Don't ever think otherwise."

His lips curved into a small smile, and she thought for a second that maybe she'd gotten through to him.

"It's okay," she replied, caressing his cheek with her thumb. "Now squeeze me, boy."

He widened his eyes.

"Sure?"

"Oh yeah," she nodded and bit her lip. "Squeeze me hard!"

"If that's what you want," His arms embraced her, pulling her closer to him until their bodies were pressed against each other. His chest was warm against her face, and the faint smell of sweet lemonade filled her nostrils. It made her stomach flip, and her brain went quiet.

They stayed like that for a while, breathing each other in. His warmth seeped into her, making her relax. It was such a pleasant experience, being held by someone.

She looked up.

Their eyes stayed connected. There was no way they could break away now. Their lips were mere inches apart, and hers were quivering slightly.

"Frank, I think..."

Then his lips met hers.