CHAPTER 49

"It was a good night," Frank said, with a towel wrapped around his waist and water droplets sliding down his well-built physique.

"If you say so," Everett replied, dropping his towel and standing completely naked in front of his locker. His white, purple, and blue hair was still dripping wet across his forehead. "Frank, can I ask for advice? I'm talking about advice regarding women."

"Are you seriously asking me?" Frank chuckled, dropping his towel as well, “I'm the only one who's never had a girlfriend. The only thing I had was a first kiss and then BOOM quite literally."

Everett glanced over his shoulder, his eyes quickly flicking to the metal plates on Frank's back, buzzing and soaked, gleaming.

"Well, Finn isn't best person to talk about women," Everett said, chuckling a little. "And out of all of us, you seem most friendly with humans."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Frank whispered, pulling up his neon green boxers and black shorts over his bionic legs. He tried very hard not to turn to see Everett, because the last time he did, something in him activated, something that he knew was in his heart and mind all along but was afraid to admit.

Frank never knew where those strange feelings came from, and no, they were definitely not directed towards the big guy. It was only him who made him realise that what he felt was true.

Frank was once in love with Evie, and perhaps he still was.

Frank currently liked Jade, and that was a bit confusing.

But Frank also had feelings, or so he believed, for someone with whom his dream of a 'traditional family' could not be fulfilled.

Of course, because wanting to be with two women and another person and have children with each and every one, adopted or biological, was the whole Sitcom Life stereotype, right? Sarcasm.

Frank grew up watching Sitcoms at home with his brothers, mum and dad, and always knew that he wanted to have that one day, and when he met Evie, he knew she was the one.

Things didn't go well though.

He wanted to be the family guy who had married a sweet woman and had had many children with her, live in the suburbs, have a family van, friendly neighbours, all that.

But now he wanted to have not one, not two, but three partners and start a huge family in the suburbs.

But what if one of those life partners was not the same as the other two?

Monogamy was a lie, Zeth once told him, and Draco said that it was better to love many people with their consent than to do it behind their backs, and Alex? Well, he had had many girlfriends, all at the same time who knew each other, and he said that was the best option for him and for all of them, but where were they now? If that was such a good idea, then why did his poly relationships end?

Frank wanted his Sitcom Life, but the thought of having to choose just one person to live happily ever after stressed him out because he knew deep down that he still loved Evie, that he was interested in dating Jade and that his feelings for this third person was, perhaps, platonic.

Frank was the type of person who always worked hard to get what he wanted, but having more than one partner seemed immoral, those were not the values ​​that were instilled in him from a young age by his narcissistic parents.

But wasn't love also a fundamental value?

Maybe Frank was overthinking as usual.

Maybe he just had to accept that monogamy was not for him, and that his sitcom life could be fulfilled alongside Evie, Jade and...