CHAPTER 90

"Are you sure about this?" Finn asked Jade in a low voice in the middle of the living room. "Zeth already went to his room to get the contracts."

"Yes, I am sure," she whispered and yawned. "I want to be the girlfriend of all of you boys at the same time."

"You mean, he's not acting crazy?" Finn teased. "I mean, this idea is crazy! A polyamorous relationship? Why would it even work out? I mean Draco, Alex, and Kevin."

"Hey, don't say anything! I only told you about Alex and Kevin because you said you'd keep quiet," Jade nudged Finn, looking at Alex sitting in the dining room flanked by Draco and Kevin sitting next to him. "I'm not sure, but this might help them get over their argument."

"It's completely random," Finn replied, watching Everett and Frank take a seat as well with cups of coffee. "It would be wiser to make this decision when you're not so sleepy."

"I'm fine," Jade whispered.

"You look like a panda with those dark circles under your eyes," Finn whispered back.

"I said I'm fine!" she insisted.

"You know, you're very stubborn. I kind of like that," Finn said, and she looked up. His lime green eyes were fixed on her in a peculiar way.

He sounded almost wistful, though his face betrayed a weird emotion.

Jade blinked and looked away. She didn't know why Finn had that effect on her, even if she hadn't noticed it at first.

She should have reminded herself that the boy was probably gay, but that look, that faint twinkle in his eyes... It was something else.

Jade shook the thought from her head. She should stop thinking about him. She couldn't be thinking about him!

It was impossible.

But the feeling persisted.

And it was ridiculous.

Why would Finn be interested in her?

Maybe he was bisexual? Because the probability that so many guys in the band were was simply absurd!

"Do you think Alex and Draco will end up together?" Finn whispered.

"Are you worried that the band will fall apart because of that?" Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Those two are mature enough to continue working even if they don't speak to each other again for years," Finn lowered his voice.

"They both love each other," Jade replied, and Finn didn't seem remotely surprised. "But Alex is afraid of ruining the friendship."

"Hey, come on over here, it's time to sign contracts," Zeth said, walking past them with a huge stack of papers in his arms, “And stop gossiping. You look like high school girls."

"Do you think Zeth will ever love me?" Finn asked Jade, who looked up again to meet his eyes. Once again, they seemed to shine.

She swallowed.

No.

That wasn't possible!

She couldn't be having feelings for Finn.

Not after he finally accepted his probable homosexuality.

Not after everything he'd been through.

"I'm sorry, I... What was the question?" Jade tried to shake her head free of the thoughts. Finn took a step back, a hand going up to rub the back of his neck.

His expression was unreadable, which made him look a lot more confusing than usual.

"I said... I wondered..." He glanced towards the dining room where Alex and Draco were seated, giving their backs to each other with their arms crossed. "Do you think Zeth and I will one day have something like those two?"

"I hope not," Jade replied. "Too much drama."

"You already sound like Everett," Finn chuckled a little. "Come on, let's sign that contract. I just hope this is what you want and that you're not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol or Alex's pheromones."

"Whatever," Jade rolled her eyes and walked with Finn behind her. "Come sit down so we can get these over with."

"Of course," Finn agreed, taking a seat beside Jade.