CHAPTER 80

"Are you going to tell me who you like?" Alex asked Draco, and the vampire realised that he had been sitting there silently for several minutes. "It's alright if you don't..." Alex continued saying, but Draco cut him off.

"I do. I really want to tell you. I like someone madly," he admitted. Draco was largely afraid that Alex would react violently, with his typical Lycan fury.

Alex sometimes made Draco think of Duke Sigmundo Alfaro from Moonfall, a man with a very bad temper and little patience who wanted to convince Duke Vinsane Hill of The Madlands and Duke Anton O’Pry of New Shacklesack to declare war on the Von Strokers, Nosferatts and Rubinsteins for having supported King Anuber Rahman during the Clash of the Rahmans. Obviously the dukes flatly refused. It wasn't that Sigmundo wanted to avenge Queen for a Day Elizekhmet Rahman, rather it was a personal revenge for the death of his uncle Elyas Alfaro.

"Hey! You got lost again," Alex said, waving his hand in front of Draco.

"I'm going to tell you, but don't be mad," Draco whispered.

"Do it then!" Alex grinned, looking a little brighter than usual.

"Yeah," Draco lowered his gaze. They weren't supposed to keep secrets from each other anyway. They had promised they wouldn't, but Draco was starting to wonder where that rule ended. "But how about you tell me first, Alex?" He glanced over to where Kevin's house was.

"Of course," Alex agreed. "There isn't much to tell, honestly."

"Then tell me who you like!" Draco insisted.

The idea of being the man Alex liked made him excited, anxious, scared, and nervous...

"You first," Alex laughed.

Draco felt the warmth in his chest grow as he watched Alex's face turn redder by the second. He was blushing, but that was fine. It meant he was interested. He was interested in Draco!

After a few seconds, Alex spoke, and he sounded breathless.

"I'll take a guess if you don't tell me," Alex put a finger to his chin. "I think you like... Zeth! You have known him for thousands of years and have always been close!"

"What if we just say who we like at the same time?" Draco suggested, and Alex nodded.

"On the count of three," Alex said, holding up three fingers. "One..." Draco went cold inside, and Alex was grinning at him in such a way that the vampire began to tremble. "Two..." he continued, moving closer. The world around Draco went silent, like an echo, his vision went black and there was only him and the wolf in infinity, with nothing else existing around them, "Three!"

"I love you, Alex!" Draco shouted with his eyes closed.

"I like Kevin..." Alex said, but his smile faded.

The world around Draco spun, the blood boiling in his veins freezing.

It was the same feeling he felt when he saw someone die. He could taste copper in his mouth, and tears threatened to stream down his face.

"Sorry!" Draco covered his mouth quickly with wide eyes. "I shouldn't have said that." He turned his head away and got up, but Alex grabbed his wrist, pulling it towards him.

"You're not going to run away now, Von Stroker," Alex said, his golden eyes full of fury, his breathing heavy.

That look of hate was the same one he gave the vampire when they went to school.

"Let go of me," Draco yanked his hand away and tried to escape, but Alex stood up and blocked him.

"Tell me you were joking," Alex sounded like a soldier giving orders to the vampire. Or a teacher telling his student to write essays. Something terrifying and unforgiving.

"Alex, please," Draco huffed. His entire face felt hot, burning with shame, anger, and frustration. "We can pretend you didn't hear that."

"I heard you," Alex snapped, and Draco's knees shook, but he forced himself to remain standing. "Why would you do that? Why would you say that?"

"Because I like you! I love you, Alex!"

"No you don't!" Alex yelled, "It must be my pheromones or something! You don't love me! You don't love me, you never have... It wasn't supposed to be like this," Alex muttered, sticking out his claws and growling. "Tell Zeth to... I don't know! That I will return home on my own. Tell the chauffeur to return my car to Lyonfort. I don't want to drive."

"But..." Draco's heart broke upon staring at Alex's face. He had seen it before, he could recognise the expression anywhere. Alex looked angry, sad, and beyond gone. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Alex! It was just a joke!"

"Just a joke? Just a joke?! You don't joke about that! Don’t you know that this can ruin our friendship?! My pheromones have ruined everything! You don't love me but, you know something? I have always... You know? I have always... Argh! Forget it!" Alex roared, and with a leap, he jumped over the bench and ran on all fours into the park, disappearing into the darkness.

"Fuck! Alex!" And then Draco ran after him.