CHAPTER 75

Jade wanted to say something but couldn't. She wanted to tell the boys that Anton was just like Melody: rude, conceited, and with a superiority complex. But as if reading her mind, Frank put a hand on Jade's leg and shook his head.

Maybe Jade could learn a little from Frank.

Maybe Jade should learn to forgive.

"So you don't want to sing?" Zeth asked. Clyde, Jeyk, Anton, and Paul shook their heads.

"My father said that the money was in being a group, that you guys made boy bands fashionable again," Anton replied. "That's the only way we could keep our creative freedom."

"What a waste!" Zeth said. "If you only wanted to make music videos and amazing songs, you would have been a success. Your video is beautiful, art in all its extension, and the melody is like a powerful storm full of highs and lows, too emotional for pop music."

Anton's ears reddened, but he shrugged it off.

"You are so good at listening, for an old man," Anton whispered.

"And they're very nice to us considering how we treated them," Mort continued.

“I thought you were an arrogant jerk," Paul told Zeth, "I was wrong about you."

The Monster Mash boys laughed.

"Zeth is a good guy," Frank said. "He's more than a leader. He is our guide."

"The old man may be the one who makes the hard decisions," Alex said. "But really, we all have the same level of importance in the band."

"And you have to remember that Zeth is always right," Draco said, sipping his red juice.

"And if he's not right, then we're here to remind him that there's a variable he's not considering," Frank concluded.

"I see variable," Everett said. "A talented variable that has match head, and his friends are more variables."

"Us?" Anton asked, and all Monster Mash boys nodded.

"It is said that, as a prisoner, Queen Basterina ‘the Puppeteer’ Rahman offered her sister to end the Clash of the Rahmans by dividing Evalon in two.” Zeth began to explain, rubbing his hands, quite the erudite historian, "If Queen for a Day Elizekhmet had accepted, she would have ruled The Madlands, New Shacklesack, Atlanseas, Moonfall, Hellstorm and Kizah itself while her nephew would have kept Bloodstone, Robleston and Lightning Strike. What Elizekhmet didn't stop to think was that Anuber would only keep three kingdoms, and she would have six.”

"So you say she would have had more kingdoms than Anuber,” Draco said, cocking his head, “I don’t get the idea, Zeth. That wouldn't make her queen of all of Evalon, just the vast majority."

"True, but she could have conquered her nephew's three kingdoms later by using what she had. I'm not a mathematician but six against three is a great advantage," Zeth said, "But she was too foolish to listen to Great Adviser Zeydon Munrahman.”

"I don't understand anything you're saying," Anton replied in an angry tone, "But are you telling me that you are going to destroy us because you are more famous than us?"

“What I mean is,” Zeth cleared his throat, “Sometimes, to have it all, you first have to lose something and then get it back when you have secured an alliance. If you want to fulfil your dreams, I think it is better that you lose your lands, that is, your band, to achieve your personal goals with us by your side.”

"I think we can use your potential and artistic vision," Finn commented. "What do you say, Zeth?"

"I think your art can be useful to us, and you won't have to sing a single verse to show the world your work," Zeth told Anton and Paul, who looked confused.

"Do you want me to work for you making your music videos?" Paul asked.

"And do you want the melodies I composed?" Anton blushed. "Do you want Mort, Jeyk, Clyde, and me to make melodies for you?"

"That, and maybe..." Zeth put a finger to his chin. "We usually use audio tracks, but it would be nice to have live music for our shows."

"Well, it would be interesting to have a guitarist," Frank turned to see Mort. "A bassist," then he turned to Jeyk. "And a drummer," and then he saw Clyde.

"And maybe a DJ," Alex told Anton and then turned to Paul. "And someone who makes our shows more artistic, but still sensual."

"We need your artistic touch," said Zeth. "You have talent."

"Do you want us to be your employees?" Jeyk asked with wide eyes.

"We don't want you to work for us," Finn said. "But rather with us!"

"I don't understand anything," Anton cocked his head. "Do you want me to work for you without working for you or what?"

"This boy is too serious, too literal," Everett said.

"Nobody works for anybody here," said Finn. "We all work as a team, shoulder to shoulder, and we want your talent."