CHAPTER 83

"Oh God! I'm sorry," Jade said and bent over to pick the screwdriver, hitting her head with the edge of the table when she rose up, so hard her eyes almost popped out. "Ouch!"

He giggled.

“So... Do you like me, Jade?” Frank whispered.

"Well, Everett taught me to be direct," she said, rubbing her head. "So... Yes, Frank. I like you. Do you like me?"

"Very much," he bit his lower lip and nodded, but did not make eye contact. "I've never had a girlfriend, but from the moment I met you, I knew that... That I wanted you to be my first and only," his eyes sparkled in the flickering light. "But tell me... Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"I came here to sign the papers to be your girlfriend," Jade replied, still rubbing the back of her head. "You are all very special to me, but with you, I feel something that I don't feel with the others, especially Alex who makes me a little... Horny?" She asked, blushing a little. "I don't know, with you, it's a kind of emotional warmth beyond... You know..."

She stared at him blankly.

Why was he making her so nervous?

"It's normal to feel a little lust for Alex," he said, and all her inner peace collapsed.

"Did Draco and Everett tell you?  Or was it Evangeline?"

"Tell me what?" Frank asked.

"Nothing," she blinked very quickly, "What were you going to tell me?"

"Alex has a thing with pheromones, I don't quite get it, but it makes him sexually attractive... Even straight men fall for him."

"I don't want to hear the details," Jade said.

"You ought to hear." He took a shaky breath, then continued, "Because if you sign those papers, you'll be with all of us. The whole package. I'm talking about kisses, hugs, and... You know, what happens when two people love each other, bees and stuff..." Frank blushed. "You know what I am talking about." He rubbed his nape, looking away, giggling rather awkwardly.

“That explains why Alex makes me horny I guess," Jade was already getting hot actually, "And he doesn't seem very quiet on that subject. Evangeline told me about two girls who..."

“I swear I didn't do anything!" Frank seemed upset, "I swear! Finn and I were at the pool and when we came back, they and Sue Cubbus had already finished. I'm very prudent and I don't know anything about... You know... The Devil's Tango."

“You seriously don't know anything?" Jade raised an eyebrow, "I don't believe you!"

"I mean, I do know, we all know I guess, I have an unhealthy collection of porn on my computer but... In my twenty-seven years of life, although it may seem impossible or absurd, I have never..."

"Me neither," Jade replied, and the shock in his eyes told her how much more difficult this conversation had become. "I'm also a virgin."

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed!" He smiled nervously, relief rolling off of him. "Okay, too much information.”

This had gotten awkward, and Jade decided she'd better change the subject.

His black hair with blue streaks gathered her attention, and if she was being honest, she’d have loved to dye her own that way.

"I like what you did with your hair," she smiled at him while she began unscrewing. "Laska was the one who dyed it, right?"

“Yeah,” he nodded.

“It looks better than when you dyed it black and white," she continued, and then she began to unscrew the robotic hand.

"Oh, I... That’s my natural colour actually," he blushed and she did too.

"Really?" Their eyes met again.

Why was she so nervous?

Yes, he was handsome, and that square jawline, those strong shoulders, that broad chest... Those were not making it easy.

But why was her heart beating so fast?

Why couldn't she breathe right?

Why was it suddenly hard to think straight?

"Your hair looks nice, soft," he said as the redness in his cheeks subsided, "Even though you bleached it, the color is not rust blonde, it's more of a pretty blonde."

He reached up and brushed his hand through a strand.

"Thanks," she blushed crimson, and as she continued unscrewing, her eyes involuntarily moved up, tracing the veins on his fleshy forearm on the table.

She bit her lower lip.

And then the screwdriver slipped from her grasp and went clattering on the floor.

"Oh God!" She exclaimed. "Shit! I am never this clumsy, I swear!"

"It's alright," he said, "Let me help you."

She turned around to face him, and sure enough, he was already kneeling down beside her. His non-bionic hand carefully took the tool for her.

"Here," he spoke as he handed it back to her. The tips of their fingers brushed against each other as she accepted the screwdriver and looked back up at him.

"Thank you," she tried not to stutter or look flustered.

In no time, they were both sitting again.

Warmth extended throughout her body.

He was so sweet and sexy.

Carefully taking the plates off his hand, she was shocked to find several wires and machinery that were completely alien to her.

"This is... Very advanced!" she said. "This is a piece of art!"

"I know," he said.

"Can you... Remove it so that I can take a closer look?"

"I actually... Can't," he said, lowering his gaze.

"Is this an... Actual part of you?" she asked, and he nodded, not looking at her.

"Unfortunately."

"Well, no problem," she said, picking up a pair of tweezers. "I think I found the problem. These two wires are touching. I'll fix it in a second."