CHAPTER 86

It started slowly, their lips almost touching. As the kiss deepened, though, their tongues danced together, their pace picking up hungrily, as if they were starving, suddenly fighting for dominance. The heat began rising from her neck to her cheeks, and he bit her bottom lip to stifle a gasp.

Jade was burning alive, well aware of the bulge in Frank’s neon green boxer briefs, its length, size, and thickness.

"Jade, I am hard," he whispered against her lips, “Does that bother or scare you?”

"It's okay," she whispered, "I... I am not afraid."

"In case you were wondering," he could barely speak, "Frank Jr... Is not bionic."

And then she wondered how it would feel like.

“May I?” Jade wasn't thinking clearly.

“Yes,” he whispered almost immediately, breathlessly.

Her fingers went straight to the elastic waistband of his boxers, desperate to touch skin that wasn't metal but surely as hard as iron.

Their lips met again.

His teeth lightly scraped against her lower lip as her hand slid into his underwear.

Jade gasped amidst their kiss.

She couldn't believe it.

She was touching his... Thing!

With her very fingers and palm!

It was so warm, squishy but hard.

God! It was long and thick!

Bulging veins pulsed under her touch!

Was she really touching the... Thing.

An internationally famous artist’s Thing?!

Holy cucumber!

This couldn't be happening!

It had to be a dream, a wet dream to be precise!

Jade groaned against his lips, his tongue suddenly sliding along her lower lip, pushing it slightly open, and his breath fanning over it.

She needed him.

But she was the one to break the kiss.

"Y-You okay?" he whispered with his forehead against hers and his eyes closed.

His breath warmed her lips, and they were both breathing heavily.

"I... I am, yes," her voice came out hoarse, barely a whisper when she slid her hand out of his boxer briefs, "Frank, I am... I am not..."

"Me neither," he whispered, "I am not ready either."

He took a step back, rubbing his nape, looking away.

Jade hated herself so much.

But she wasn't ready for this.

"You can... Get dressed now. I'm sure you want to," she said, trying not to make eye contact.

He nodded slightly and backed away. He walked over to the closet and pulled on a pair of black pyjama pants, then slipped into a green tank top.

"You know I can't sleep without my PJs," he said, picking up his other clothes from the floor, folding them carefully, and placing them into a basket next to a full-length mirror.

"I... I know," she knew he was trying to talk about something other than the elephant in the room.

He surely was an elephant.

But she understood why he was nervous.

She was too.

She couldn't even recognise herself anymore.

But there was no turning back now.

She had just touched Frank's... Thing, and she wasn't sure that she would ever get that chance again.

She never knew that particular... Body part, would feel so real.

She was so overwhelmed by the feelings surging inside her body.

The desire for him, the fear of hurting him, the love that filled her heart. All of those thoughts told her she was irrefutably his.

It was true love.

She didn't even care how many different shades there were in that emotion.

"Do you want to... I don't know... Have a drink?" he asked her, and she nodded.

Jade followed him to the kitchen area, where she sat on one of the stools at the island while he grabbed two beers from the fridge. Once he handed one of them to her, she locked her eyes on him and stayed like that for a moment.

He smiled and sat across from her.

An awkward silence fell between them.

Neither of them spoke a word.

But they were both giggling and blushing.

So there was still hope.

“Jade,” he began, “I want to...”

Suddenly, someone flung the door open, and there were grunts.

"Alex?” Jade was startled.

“Where are the others? Are you angry?" asked Frank, but Alex was striding toward the hall with his fists clenched, not even turning to see Frank nor Jade. The wolf was covered in mud, with branches and leaves caught in his hair, his fangs sharper than usual, "Alex? Are you okay?"

"I'm not in the mood," Alex said.

"I'll go see what's wrong," Jade told Frank.

"I better start cleaning up," Frank said as he followed the muddy path Alex left with his eyes. "Zeth is a neat-and-tidy freak. I don't want him to get mad." Then, Frank opened a closet and pulled out a bucket and mop.