CHAPTER 14

All the guys sat in the huge L-shaped couch. From left to right, Finn, Everett, Draco, Alycandro, Frank, and Zeth were waiting for Jade as she placed her phone in a light ring that Finn had lent her.

She hit the record button and sat in a chair across from them all, holding some cards in her hand that Frank had lent her to write her questions.

She was extremely nervous, thinking about how much Melody would be happy when she showed her this interview for her blog.

Jade was trembling, she wasn't very used to recording herself and even less in front of these guys who made her so nervous.

She looked around at them, hoping to find any signs of encouragement or support. Frank and Draco were the ones to give her a thumbs up, Alycandro winked at her with his hands on his nape. Finn was texting someone furiously, Zeth wasn't even looking at her, and Everett was distractedly following a fly with his eyes.

"Finn, put that phone down, who the hell are you texting?" Zeth asked and the blonde jumped and put his phone away.

"Oh! It's just... Well, Jade is interviewing us for her friend and..."

"And?" Zeth raised a challenging eyebrow and Finn blushed, swallowing hard, "Who are you texting?"

“Evie,” Finn bit his lower lip, then turned to look at Jade, "Sorry. We can start the interview now."

She swallowed and cleared her throat.

"Um.. I'll start..." and she flipped through the cards.

Her pulse had quickened.

“Just relax, Jasmine!" Zeth told her and she jumped in her seat, "Obviously you're nervous, but if you do it wrong everyone will remember. If you do it right, the focus will be on what's important... Us."

“Don't listen to him," Alycandro said and rolled his eyes, "You'll do just fine. What's the worst that can happen?"

“The worst that can happen is Darktide Hotel bursts into flames mid-interview," Everett said, still following the fly.

There was an awkward silence.

“Ignore that too and... Draco! Sit down!" Alex yelled and the scarlet haired boy grumbled and sat, "Damn, Draco! Finn is the youngest of the group and it seems like he's more mature than you!"

"Hey! I'm mature! Just very active!" Draco pouted, "It stresses me out not to move!"

"If we're being honest, Finn is more mature at twenty-four than you are, Alex," Zeth said with a grimace, "For starters, he doesn't jeopardize our career, you know what I'm saying?"

"Fine. You'll never forgive me, I understand," Alex rolled his eyes, "Anyway! Go ahead, señorita."

“You can do this!" Frank told her, his bionic green eye shone like a precious stone.

“Don't stress. You can ask whatever you want," Finn told her with a piranha-toothed grin.

"Oh! And if you want to, we can all go have breakfast at dawn!" Draco said with a flashing fang grin, "There's a good diner downtown!"

"Draco, no, you and I don’t even need to eat," Zeth seemed annoyed, "And what is this? Didn't we agree that you wouldn't do this kind of... Flirting anymore?"

"I'm not relapsing, Zeth," Draco frowned, "And I like to eat."

“Oh! Well, I don't see it as flirting but, you’re the boss I guess," she nodded and cleared her throat, "Ok, first question... What zodiac sign are you, guys?”

"I'm a Libra," Frank said.

"Technically I'm a Pisces," Draco said, "In my time there was no January or February anyway."