CHAPTER 54

Jade wasn't sure how long they had walked or how she managed to make it in her Goth boots while walking up the rocky hill, but once at the entrance of the castle, she froze upon seeing the six vehicles parked outside, and Zeth's chauffer getting out of Frank's car... Wait.

There weren't six cars here, there were seven.

That extra car, the blue Camaro... Whose car was that?

"Why the hell did you make me walk here when the cars are here?!" Jade yelled and all the boys' shoulders went up and down.

"Zeth thought you might like to walk through the beautiful Forest of Catalos on your way here." Frank said, "Zeth wanted to make this... Memorable."

"But I'm sleepy and my feet hurt!" Jade yelled as she took off Everett's vest and handed it back to him.

"I don't think she found your idea romantic, Zeth," Alex whispered in his ear.

"Romantic?! I almost died of embarrassment because you guys were fighting over me!" Jade grumbled, "Whatever! We're going to go into your home now or what?"

"This girl is very hard to please," Everett said.

"I didn't find the romance in any of this either," Finn whispered.

"You ruined everything, you morons!" Zeth sighed and opened a gigantic wooden door for Jade. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

A wide open courtyard surrounded by tall columns welcomed her. It must have taken forever to build such a thing.

"Follow me," Zeth said, taking the lead. Jade quickly caught up with him. "Try not to gather the attention."

They walked and walked among pillars that supported no ceiling, on concrete and dust, until they reached some huge doors that he opened with a slight push, and a warm light fell from the entrance hall.

"After you," Zeth said, extending his arm.

As soon as the doors closed behind them with a bang, and they stepped into the Main Hall, Jade's heart sank.

The place was full of people.

Everyone was as inhumanly gorgeous as the guys she already knew.

All of them had bright hair colours.

Soft classical music filled the air.

And all of them were wearing clothes Jade couldn't believe she was seeing.

Her eyes wandered from man to woman, trying desperately to take in everything.

"What is this place?" she asked, looking up. Alycandro's golden eyes were fixed on her, almost like he didn't want to stop staring, and he bit his lower lip, as if thinking about something.

“This is Lyonfort,” Zeth replied, “A castle, a legend, a safe place to hide and, of course, our home.”

"There is way to Donjon that doesn't involve walking among lots of inhabitants," Everett said, and she agreed that walking among a crowd was not a good idea. She nodded and followed him and the guys without asking questions.

Everett opened a door to the left and they passed through another room filled with all sorts of things: bookshelves and tables, chairs and vases full of flowers, paintings hanging high on the walls.

He stopped when they reached the end and opened another door.

The long staircase that would take them to their home was there.

"You don't mind this, right? Or do you... Want me to carry you?" Everett asked, and she shook her head.

"I can carry her too," Alex puffed out his chest.