CHAPTER 58

"We have to keep an eye on Mort," Zeth sighed. "Sometimes I wish I could save everyone."

"I know," Draco said with a shudder. "First, we have to fix Kevin's thing."

"First, we have to fix our thing," Zeth rubbed his forehead. "I just hope everything goes well tonight."

"Do you think Mort and Frank will solve their differences? Do you think Mort wants out of Sixth Octave too?"

"I remember Mort was a good boy," Zeth looked up in thought. "But our group would be overcrowded with an eighth member."

"At this rate, we're going to be more of a church choir than a boy band!" Draco said with a short laugh.

"I don't think it's necessary to add anyone,” Everett said, standing behind both boys with his phone in hand. “Nor do I think anyone from Sixth Octave wants to leave group,"

"How come you're so big but we never see you when you spy on us?" Zeth frowned and crossed his arms.

"We really need to put a bell on you," Draco said, and Zeth cocked his head as the giant showed him something on the phone.

"This can't be true," Zeth looked up. "When was this posted? When did Cadence do this?"

"Six hours ago," Everett replied.

"Looks like Tom O'Pry's team is working fast," said Draco, and both boys approached to read from the phone that Everett was holding. "Our video is out next week, and these guys have already released theirs in less than twenty-four hours!"

"Draco, have you read the rest yet?" Zeth asked, and Draco shook his head. "Then read it!"

"Sixth Octave, the group consisting of Anton O'Pry, Mort Greyston, Paul Ter Gheist, and the Twins Clyde and Jeyk Hill has taken over..." Draco blinked a lot and took the phone from Everett's hand, reading again and again. "Wait, is someone missing, or am I wrong?"

"There's no mention of Kevin," Zeth cocked his head. "Did they fire him? Do you think he will still help us tonight?"

"That's not what I'm worried about," Draco lifted the phone and showed Zeth what he was reading. "Apparently, the boys are a hit. Their single soared straight to the top of the digital charts within minutes of its official release."

"Can you give me my phone back now?" Everett asked, and both Draco and Zeth looked at him with raised eyebrows. "It's just that I plan to open OnlyFangs account in case our artistic career is over, and there are photos and videos that I don’t want you to see."

“But if she just posted this, when did you take the photos?" Draco asked.

"I've taken photo a day and video a week since our journey began," Everett said, "I am cautious Yeti."

"We've got problems," Zeth whispered.

"Yes... Everett wants to start an OnlyFangs!" Draco yelled.

"Hey!" Alex said, opening the door. "Finn and Frank sent me to ask where the car keys are, they're not in our locker in the garage."

“My chauffer has them, tell him to give them to you," Zeth said, absently.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked, “What did I miss?"

"Cadence has just posted an article about Sixth Octave," Draco said, reading quickly. "Oh Jesus on a stick! And you won't believe what she wrote!"

"What does it say, Draco?" Alex asked, seeing his vampire friend covering his mouth with wide eyes. "Hey! Shaky Squirrel! Tell me what it says!"

“Kevin isn't mentioned anywhere so far," Draco said, reading back from the beginning.

"Hey, did you just say Kevin is not with Sixth Octave anymore?" Alex cocked his head, his breathing quickening. "Why?"

"You know the same thing as us," Zeth replied as Everett leaned forward, picking up Draco, who was frantically reading, and carried him away.

"Do you think something bad happened to Kevin?" Alex covered his mouth, shaking his head. "Do you think they sued him?!"

"Calm down," Zeth said, with his hands moving down. "Let's figure this out, okay? No need to worry, right Draco?" Zeth turned but had to double-check. "Draco?! Where are you?!"

"I'm reading," Draco said, in Everett's arms a couple feet off the ground, the Yeti's head resting on his shoulder.

"I'm reading too," Everett whispered, his eyes narrowing, reading from the phone. "What she says here has left me speechless."