CHAPTER 9

When Zeth saw his two friends cross the street, he smiled and looked down.

Mozart was already asleep in his arms.

"Excuse me," a voice behind him made him spin around.

There was a young girl dressed in a white Monster Mash shirt and purple skirt standing there...

"Is the cat yours? Or do you want a picture with me?" Zeth asked, but the girl was speechless, paralyzed, standing with wide, wide eyes.

She must be dreaming. Everything around her vanished. She didn't know what to answer. God! She couldn't even remember her name!

It had to be a mirage.

It was him.

IT WAS HIM!

And he was much more beautiful in person!

And that expensive cologne, it was so... Manly!.

The guy had a smirk on his face, he was looking down at her as if she were the protagonist of a Wattpad story when meeting her next mistake.

"I see you are a fan," Zeth said in a melodic, sarcastic voice, pointing at her shirt, "I guess I shouldn't introduce myself."

"Z-Zeth Rahman?!" Jade couldn't breathe.

This had to be a dream. No, it was not but... God! She was so nervous!

This five-foot-eight guy was her favourite singer, her dream man, and he was standing here, staring at her!

"Hi," she finally managed to say, hoping her voice didn't shake.

"Hey," he returned. It was amazing how they stood this close together, only a few inches separating them.

In person and up close, he was more handsome, much more elegant, and his light brown skin... God! He didn't have a single imperfection!

Jade couldn't breathe, the air was stuck in her lungs, too thick to even take a breath.

"Do I have something on my perfect face?" he asked, but she was paralyzed. Her mouth had opened involuntarily, and the hum of silence sounded so loud that she feared she had gone deaf. He seemed to be growing more impatient, taking two steps forward before he suddenly stopped, studying her.

He was barely taller than her by a head, but it was like standing in the presence of a giant. His nose was beautiful, his chin was strong and masculine, and his breathing was slow...

God! They were both breathing the same air!

Jade's heart started beating like crazy, and there was an unfamiliar heat rising in her cheeks.

"You are so handsome," she whispered.

"What did you say?" he raised a bushy eyebrow, cocking his head. "Hey, usually at this point is when you react and tell me your name, you know?"

Jade had to calm down. She had to control her breathing. In her head, over and over again, she was repeating what she would say to Zeth...

To Zeth Rahman...

He was looking at her, and he was Zeth Rahman!

Oh God!

She should have foreseen that she would get so emotional that she would blush this much!

But she had to focus.

She could do this, she could talk.

"Are you okay?" Zeth asked, bringing his beautiful, perfect face closer until his nose was an inch from Jade's, “You look pale.”

"I... I..." She could do this.

“Hey, you're seriously worrying me," he lost all trace of sensuality and teasing in his face.

She just had to breathe and say what she already had prepared in her mind.

She could do this!

“The cat... It belongs to my friend but..." The world was spinning.

“Zeth!" A six-foot-three man was approaching, a pound sack of Cat Chow in his hands. It was him! Alycandro Alfaro! And Draco was behind him sucking on a lollipop. "Hey! I brought this! Hey! Is that the owner of the cat?”

Oh God!

Alycandro Alfaro was so tall! And with each step he took, closer and closer, the scent of his woody cologne hypnotized her more and more.

"Hey! Your cat is a danger to the nation!" Draco yelled. Wow, he was short! Around five-foot-six in his four inch tall platform boots. But he was too good-looking. The cameras did not do him justice!

God! Wasn’t he adorable?!

She was standing in front of three out of six members of Monster Mash, and her heart was squeezing, pumping, breaking, and rebuilding with every beat. Her temples ached, the sound hollowed out.

"Oh God!" She took a slight step back, swaying. "I think that I am going to... Faint!"

With a blow, she fell straight to the concrete floor.

The three boys stood still, their gazes fixed on the girl sprawled on the sidewalk.

"That was weird," Draco said, giving his lollipop a couple of licks

"For you, perhaps. I have made many women faint even before being famous," Zeth replied.

"Oh God! Why didn't anyone catch her?!" Alycandro ran to kneel next to the unconscious girl.

"I'm holding the cat," Zeth said as Alycandro checked Jade's wrist for a pulse.

"Draco? Why didn't you catch her?!" Alycandro looked up, but the only thing he saw was Zeth taking out his phone. "Draco?! Draco! Where the fuck did he go, Zeth?!"

"And how am I supposed to know that?!" Zeth yelled, "I'm going to call an ambulance, we don't know if she's going to wake up after seeing my beautiful face, right? And we don't want them to come and close my hotel!"

"Zeth, no one is coming to close your hotel and I don't think the ambulance is necessary. She just fainted! We must take her to our room," Alycandro said, picking the girl up in his strong arms.

"Where the hell did you get that absurd idea from?! A teenage romance novel?! The ambulance is necessary!" Zeth insisted, "You're going to get us into a lot of legal trouble that I'm going to end up solving!"

"To hell with the legal shit!" Alex grumbled, walking towards the hotel, "Come on! We have to take her to our room now!"

"This is a bad idea. I'm already preparing for a lawsuit but...” Zeth threw up a hand in frustration, “Whatever! Let's do this the romantic and unrealistic way, right? I'm sure the old, extremely talented and handsome Zeth will take care of everything, right?! I'm always doing all the hard work and no one even deigns to tell me how good I look today or how smart I am! No! You guys don't even give me a well-deserved compliment! You only love me for what I do for you and for being the main attraction of the band!"

"Zeth, shut up already! You sound like my ex-girlfriend!" Alex shouted, walking up the steps with the girl in her arms, "You're such a fucking diva!"

"You clearly don't know the difference between being a diva and being reasonable. If this is your concept of helping someone, I don't understand how you've never ended up in prison in your twenty-five years of age!" Zeth grumbled, and with the cat in his toned arms, he entered the hotel after Alycandro.

Draco was already inside, jumping like a little boy in one of the armchairs in the lobby.