CHAPTER 34

In the school football field, just behind a tall tower, Finn was making a list of the Mashers who were willing to be in the music video.

"The vast majority of the girls will come," Finn whispered, stunned by the hubbub of almost every woman in the school giggling and gossiping. "Sixth Octave doesn't seem to attract much attention, but still we know nothing about them. Maybe their music is good, maybe Zeth would tell me that I should be better, that we should be better." he sighed, with a hand on his chest. "Where the hell is Zeth when you need him? And where did I leave my pen?! This is too much work for me alone!"

"The rivals are taking a break after filming with their dancers by the pool, they brought a prop statue and synchronized swimming dancers," Frank walked closer, hands in his pockets as he surveyed the crowd that Finn had gathered. Where the hell had this guy been? Finn had already been taking care of everything alone for two hours, and suddenly he arrived relaxed and smelling like roses. "Wow! So many people! You've been busy "

"Frank! Stop spying on those idiots and help me! I can't find my pen and there is still a lot to do!"

"But you did a good job," Frank said, putting his arm around Finn's shoulder, "Oh! Your pen is over your ear. Here."

"And I'm tired!” He snatched the pen, "I already made them sign non-disclosure agreements and a thousand contracts to appear in the video, I also ordered their names in alphabetical order to pay their checks after the shooting! I did everything!"

"Sure you did," Frank snickered. Finn made a sound of outrage and pushed him away, rolling his eyes. "Hey, you know I really like working, whatever it is, but I wanted to spy on the rivals to, you know, get information like Zeth said."

"Evie is taking care of that," Finn pointed towards a castle tower, Frank turned, seeing only a female shadow, athletic and in heels, running and disappearing, quick as lightning, "And her friend is already investigating everything else, social media, background, family, you know."

"Don't you think she's... Perfect?" Frank blushed.

"You wrote 'Femme Fatale' about her," Finn rolled his eyes, "Get over her already!"

"Sometimes I would like to be like her, so agile and deathly, so beautiful...”

"Do you still like her after what she did to you?" Finn raised an eyebrow and Frank nodded wistfully, pointing at the bleachers.

"She gave me my first kiss back there, we were both..."

"You're not helping," Finn complained and then looked back at the group he had gathered. He spotted two girls walking up to him with determined expressions on their faces, “Oh no! Not them again!"

"Hey Finn, we wanted to ask..." the pompous blonde started and turned to look at her brunette friend between laughs. "Do you know if Zeth has a girlfriend?" She asked and turned back to face Finn, her blue eyes sparkling

Finn shook his head.

"Why would you want to know?" He crossed his arms.

"Finn is single," Frank put his hands on his friend's shoulders, wiggling his bushy eyebrows, "He's very handsome, don't you think?" But then he blushed, "I mean... He's a great guy, and he used to be a lifeguard in Hawaii! And did I mention that he's single?"

Finn glared daggers at him.

"Shut up," Finn growled and pulled Frank off him with surprising strength.

"Who cares? Finn is Finn, he's just a decoration. Nobody cares about Finn." The blonde girl dismissed. "What about you, Frank? Do you have a girlfriend?"