CHAPTER 70

Cadence and Tom looked at each other, then turned to see the biggest, tallest member of Monster Mash.

"Everett, you are a man of few words and so am I," said Cadence. "In my opinion, you convey a lot in your deep singing, and despite looking stiff and cold at first glance, when you dance everything becomes joy and great passion. Your voice is unique, powerful, and simply excellent!"

"You should be singing opera, no this type of shouty pop-reggaeton," Tom said. "You'd be a worldwide phenomenon!"

"Thank you," Everett said dryly but with a smile. "I'm not interested in leaving band."

"It would be tragic if you did," Cadence replied, turning to face her husband. "Who's next?"

"Frank," Tom began, and Frank raised his head, pressing his lips. "It's been years since you've been a contestant on this show, and I didn't see much in your voice, even though I did see a singer who was determined to win. But with time, your voice has grown and blossomed!"

"Thank you, Mr. O'Pry," Frank said with a humble smile, "I must thank Zeth and Draco, and Everett, for teaching me how to unlock my full potential."

"Oh Frank! It is so sweet of you,” Cadence had a genuine smile on her face, “The way you scale throughout your chest voice into beautiful falsettos is amazing! Remember, Frank, you have a gift, a beautiful voice. And no one, absolutely no one, can take that gift away from you or use it against you, not even me," Cadence told him and all Monster Mash boys gasped, "Keep on shining, Frank! There is nothing average about you! You are the heart of Monster Mash, and it shows!"

"Thank you very much, Mrs. O'Pry. It means a lot coming from you," Frank nodded, and Alex put an arm around his shoulders, shaking him effusively.

"Draco," Tom clapped his hands. "WOW! You sang sweetly my son's song, but earlier you sang your song high and sensual, and playfully. I love it! You are a vocal chameleon! Whatever the songs needed, you could do it."

"I agree," Cadence nodded. "I easily see you as one of the most important members of the band. Your voice takes the wheel when in unison and guides the others perfectly. Good job."

"Thank you very much, Tom and Cadence," Draco began to jump in place with a huge smile on his face and his cute cheeks flushed red, spinning around and throwing his arms in the air.

"And now, the wayward boy..." Cadence turned to see the wolf, who was already gazing her with challenging golden eyes. "Alex, you are a very passionate singer and have the technicality to show it off. You have a very sensual voice," she smiled at him. "For someone who has so much energy and such a blunt personality, you transfer joy and youth in your singing. It's carefree and as daring and flexible as your way of dancing."

"And you have to admit that his voice is clear and very soulful," Tom said, and Cadence nodded.

"I appreciate your opinions," Alex nodded. "And I'm sorry for what I said... You know, about the lyrics..."

"No hard feelings," Cadence replied. "Okay, the next one... Finn," Cadence raised her head. "Since the start of Monster Mash, your talent has been diminished."

"You were definitely the ugly duckling," Tom chuckled. "You didn't shine because you always looked scared and hid behind your friends."

"But now that you've shown confidence," Cadence clapped her hands. "Your voice can finally be heard! Those high notes were well sustained during the chorus of your song, and your low voice during my son's song added freshness to the other voices! Your natural vibrato is to die for! It's soulful and sexy!"

"Thank you very much," Finn nodded. "I never knew how far I could go, but thanks to them..." Finn held out his hand to his bandmates. "Now I know."

"You guys are a great team," Tom replied. "And you have a wonderful leader."

"Speaking of the leader, I'm gonna keep this short and simple," Cadence said, intertwining her fingers on the desk. "Zeth, you were born to sing, and you do it effortlessly, powerfully. You are the powerhouse of Monster Mash."

"I was surprised by how he sounds," Tom agreed. "Technically speaking, there are no negative things to say about your voice. You can sing! And I regret not noticing your potential years ago."

"I see you as the first solo artist when the group falls apart," Cadence said, with a hand to her chin. "If you're interested, Phantom Records has a place for your solo career."

"Thanks, but..." Zeth put his arms around Finn and Draco. "I highly doubt this family will fall apart, and I don't know what these guys would do without me." Zeth looked directly at Draco and then at Finn. "I'm staying here, for life. I belong here."

"Very well then!" Cadence nodded. "You were really outstanding, and we had a fantastic time watching you perform together. You consistently show how well-rounded of a group you are. From rapping to singing to dancing..." Cadence stood up and faced the audience and cameras. "Monster Mash is one boy band you don't want to mess with!"

The crowd erupted in applause and cheers.

"This isn't over!" Anton yelled, throwing his microphone to the ground. "Fucking apes!"

"What about us?" Mort asked as Anton ran offstage. "Hey! Come back here!"

Anton walked down the stage, and Mort and the twins ran after him.

"Come here, Frank!" Finn laughed and hugged him, then Draco joined them, “This wouldn't have turned out so well if it wasn't for you!"

"We're a rockin' team," Alex said and joined the group hug, followed by Zeth.

"I'm going to hug you until I break your bones," Everett walked over, and all the boys exclaimed in unison...

"No!"

Between laughs and instead of leaving the giant with open arms, all the boys hugged him, and although Everett tried to hide it, a tear of happiness escaped from his eye.

Among the crowd, Jade was extremely proud of the boys, and it made her happy to know that she knew these famous and talented artists.

It would be difficult to be in the spotlight with them from now on, there was no doubt about that, but how many people could say that they were close friends with Monster Mash? Or that she had them all obsessed with her?

No one!

Jade would finally make all the pretty girls at school jealous now! Oh yeah! Envy would look good on them!

Oh God!

Even better!

Jade was now the protagonist of a love story!

"Sorry I was late," Evie said, suddenly at Jade's side, clapping her hands. Jade didn't even hear her approach, "Did I miss something?"

"You missed everything," Jade grumbled.

"I didn't miss anything," Evie replied, pursing her lips, blushing, "In fact, I think I saw first-hand the most important part of tonight's show."

"What are you talking about? You weren't here!"

"I was where I was supposed to be," Evie replied and looked down at Jade with a smile, perhaps an envious smile, "Far from the spotlight as always, but in the right place."

Jade rolled her eyes. Yes of course. This girl, athletic and beautiful, surely envied her now.

Maybe that's why she left.

Because she couldn't stand the fact that no matter how perfect she was, the boys now only had eyes for Jade.

It felt good to be the irresistible girl for once in her life.

Because from now on, Jade knew it would all be about her.