CHAPTER 18

The dilemma of whether or not to give the video to Melody was making Jade nervous, and on the way back to her friend's house, she couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened tonight.

And about Finn.

She wanted to go back home and cry right after returning the cat, and she didn't want to see Melody.

Memories of how much Melody abused the friendship came to her suddenly. It was as if Melody only wanted Jade to envy her.

The first time they met in person, Jade picked up Melody and took her to the mall in her old car and the scarlet-haired girl spent hours trying on clothes and even bragged about how expensive they were. They also visited the official Monster Mash store in the mall and Jade was sad because she could only buy a bracelet of silver hearts with the boys' faces on them. Melody, on the other hand, bought almost the entire store, and paid with the platinum card that her father had given her for her eighteenth birthday. Melody also wanted to go to the beauty salon, but Mrs. Cadence called her to tell her that it was time to go home. Jade's stepfather had been in the military or something, he never talked about details, so he was in charge of cutting Jade’s hair and in the. Jade's mother was the one who was in charge of that because she had also been a kind of agent or something when she was younger. Jade had never been to a beauty salon, and she always painted her nails with black varnish at home, and much of her gothic wardrobe was second-hand. On the other hand, Melody spent that day showing off the designer clothes she had bought and used Jade to carry all her bags.

The second time Jade and Melody met in person, Melody asked her help to do some boring Spanish homework before her private teacher arrived, and even asked her to do her history and literature homework entirely while she watched Monster Mash videos.

Maybe Melody wasn't as good a friend as Jade thought.

Jade didn't feel like dealing with her right now, didn't feel like hearing Melody complaining about why Jade didn't call her while with the boys.

Jade didn't feel like going back to her normal life.

If she went back to Melody, she would be no one.

Or maybe she shouldn't go back.

Maybe she could stay with the boys forever.

Because yeah! Finn promised friendship, but Zeth? Oh no! She wasn't such a fan anymore after meeting him, and she hated him with all her being.

She stopped walking and sat down on the sidewalk, hugging Mozart to her chest.

She didn't want to go back.

She didn't want to see Melody.

She didn't want to hear her.

She didn't want to give her the interview for her blog.

Jade sighed and hurried to the O'Pry residence, then knocked on the door.

Melody opened up with huge chocolate stains on her face and clothes.

Wasn't she outside looking for the cat?

Had she sent Jade alone to look for Mozart while she was peacefully eating ice cream in her Monster Mash pyjamas?!

"What took you so long?" Melody asked. "I sent you a thousand messages to tell you that I didn't find Mozart and that I was coming home to sleep!" She looked at Jade, expecting an explanation.

"Mozart's fine!" Jade grunted.

"Oh, excellent! I thought Mum would ground me again!" Melody opened the door wider. "Come on. I already put your sleeping bag on the floor."