CHAPTER 67

"Strip now! Get my cuffs, and bend down!" Zeth sang. His voice was powerful, raspy. He was hitting high notes effortlessly, he didn't even close his eyes. In this brief pause, the crowd went wild and started shouting his name. "I know you love it when I say it like that!" Zeth's voice sounded even more powerful than before. In this pause, Anton turned to face him, his eyes green with envy, aside from their literal natural colour. "You're filthy, naughty, and I love you like that! You're indomitable, but you'll be my slave now, baby. Oh!"

"You're a tough girl out in public," Clyde quickly sang Finn's part, but it was very rushed and like shouts instead of melodic, "But behind the curtains, you submit, and I love it."

"You're filthy, naughty, and I love you like that!" Zeth continued. His voice dropped rapidly with each word without losing the melodic and powerful drive. "You're indomitable, but you'll be my slave now, baby..."

"You're my slave!" Draco started out loud, holding the microphone up a bit but smiling at everyone in the audience. "And I am your, I am your, I am your master! Mess with me! And I'll squeeze much tighter until we both can't breathe! We both know," Draco turned his last word into a steady, melodic tone, almost like a whistle. "We should kill each other slow!" But his voice soon rose in pitch, higher and higher. "I'll make you moan, make you scream, Give you pleasure and pain!" And that last word turned into a long, beautiful high note that made Cadence's skin crawl.

"Call me your Monster!" Everett said in his deep voice, and suddenly, the stage erupted with flames and a complex choreography.

The cheerleaders, Monster Mash and Sixth Octave did a half circle with their arms outstretched and then a full circle, just to repeat with the other arm.

They were all perfectly in sync.

But not for long.

The Sixth Octave boys did their routine of almost robotic jumping and moving, watching Monster Mash ignored the plan entirely to dance their own routine, going down fast and up slowly with hip thrusts to the beat of the booming song.

Zeth suddenly launched himself backwards, landing on his hands and then his feet while Draco backflipped.

"Hold up!" Everett raised his deep voice, and everyone stopped dancing.

"My turn," Mort said, snapping his fingers and moving to the centre of the stage, then he began to sing Alex's part. "You look so submissive... Hold your breath until you're dizzy..." But he seemed to be short of breath. "Bite my flesh, you drive me crazy... Yes, you know I like it rough! Cuffed and widely open... You will gasp for me all of a sudden... I'm on top and you should know that I won't stop until you're sore!" But just as the boy turned red and couldn't seem to take it anymore, Finn stepped in to take over, taking centre stage fresh and ready to give it all.

"Yeah! You're a tough girl out in public!" he said in his sensually trembling voice, dancing and singing like there was no tomorrow. "But behind the curtains, you submit and I love it!"

"You're filthy, naughty, and I love you like that!" Draco sang high and took centre stage with a pirouette, "You're indomitable, but you'll be my slave now, baby!"

"You're my slave!" Anton began to sing Frank's part, his hair already drenched in sweat on his forehead, barely breathing. "And... I am your... I am your master! Mess with me!" He seemed to try to hit Frank's high note but fell short, and his voice trailed off mid-word. "And I'll squeeze much... Until we both can't breathe." Then Anton took a long breath, very audible, and continued, "We both know!" but again, Anton missed the high note, and his voice trailed off. "We should kill each other slow... I'll make you moan, make you scream! Give you pleasure and pain!" And finally, he was able to hit the high note, but with a superhuman effort that made Anton bend backward and the veins in his neck pop out.

For a second, his voice sounded like a desperate scream rather than a high note, and the camera panned to some members of the audience covering their ears with pained expressions.

"Call me your Monster!" As Everett said this, Anton finally loosened his body and slumped forward a bit.

The stage lights went out, and flames encircled the stage, erupting with each BOOM of the tune that was slowly changing to sound more instrumental pop than pop-reggaeton. Between flares and flashes of red light in the dark, Zeth nodded to his bandmates, taking several steps forward.

“Where are you going?” Anton yelled. “That is not your position! Now you're supposed to stand behind us, get down on your knees, and clap your hands!"

“In your dreams,” Zeth winked over his shoulder.

“Go back and kneel down and clap your hands!” Anton yelled.

“Estás bien pendejo si crees que lo haremos,” Alex laughed.

With each burst of fire, the Monster Mash boys ripped off their suit jackets, yanking off the Velcro shirts they were wearing, much like the ones in the strip club last night. And with another yank, their Velcro slacks flew off, and the six boys were dressed only in form-fitting black boxer briefs.

When the flares and flashes stopped, and the light returned, the audience was speechless, and the judges were too.

There was a deathly silence.

And then the entire audience began screaming and whistling.