Part 15

"Here you go, you know there's a great therapist not too far if the person this is for ever needs it." "Yeah, I've uhm told them to speak to someone but they find it hard so." You reply, smiling at the pharmacist. "Okay that will be €16.89" You pay and thank the lady before entering into the main section of the store. You place the test and receipt into your bag and find Arthur. "Okay, just this." You say to him, making him look up from searching for something to looking at you. "Okay, I can't find this last thing so let's go pay. After queuing to get to a till, you begin scanning the food, and Arthur bagging it. After putting everything in the bag Arthur pays and you head out the shop to his car. After you get in the car, your phone starts ringing. You pick it up and look at the contact.

"Lou - therapist" is calling

"f**k off" you mutter under your breath, declining the call. As you decline it, you realise Arthur could have seen. "Who was it?" He asks, you could tell he knew but decide to lie just in case he didn't. "Unknown number" He nods and looks back onto the road ahead as you look out of your window at the view of Monaco. A few minutes later the car pulls to a stop outside Arthur's house. You both get out and go to get bags out of the car. As soon as you get inside you hear someone coming down the stairs. "Hey! Lia? I didn't know you were coming?" Carla asks, smiling at you. "Yeah something happened at home so I didn't really want to  be there right now." "Well you're always welcome here" She says, hugging you. You hug her back and then go place the bag you were carrying in the kitchen. "I just need the bathroom" "Okay, you know where it is" Carla replies. You lock the door behind you and take the test out of your bag and open it, taking everything out of it and placing them down on the counter. You look up at the mirror at yourself and sigh before taking the test. You place the test down on the counter as you slide down the  wall until you sit on the floor. You lean your head back until it hits the wall and sit there for a few minutes, waiting for the test to show the results. After 3 minutes you get back up and pick up the exam with your eyes closed, anxious about the result. 1... 2... 3...

It was positive. You gasp as you look at it, dropping it in shock. Quickly you pick everything up and put it all in your bag to hide the evidence. But you couldn't lie to yourself, Noah was back. And you were in danger from what he could do. As you walk towards the door, you hear a knock from the outside. "Lia? You okay? I heard something drop." "Yeah I'm fine, something just fell out of my bag." You reply as you open the door to Carla standing there. "I'm just about to make dinner, do you want some? I'm just going to make a salad." "Oh no thanks, I'm gonna go on a walk soon I just had a question" You say as you follow Carla downstairs. "Okay" "Can I stay here tonight please? Charles is staying at home and I just don't want to talk to him right now." "Of course you can, is sleeping on the sofa okay? We have spare blankets and pillows" "Thank you so much" You reply, smiling at Carla. You put your bag down on the table and walk into the kitchen to where Arthur and Carla are. "I'm gonna go on a walk, I'll be back in about an hour if that's okay?" "Yeah that's fine" You say goodbye to them both and grab your bag on your way out, not noticing the drug test you previously used had fallen out onto the table.

A R T H U R

You put your phone down and walk over to Carla who was cutting up vegetables. "Love I need your help" You say from behind her. "What is it Art?" She replies, putting the knife down and turning around facing you. You pull her into a hug and wrap your arms around her. "I think something is wrong with Aurelia, but I don't wanna do too much that she gets mad at me then she has nowhere to go." "Okay, what do you think is wrong with her?" "On the way here she had a call from her therapist but she declined the call." "Maybe she just didn't want to talk in front of you?" "Yeah but therapists don't normally just call to talk right? They call to make appointments?" "Well yeah, I guess so." "So what if she isn't going?" "Art, I wouldn't rush into things like that, you don't have proof." "Should I call the therapist myself? Ask when the last appointment was?" "If you want to, but wouldn't Charles know if she didn't go? You said he pays for it." "Yeah I guess so." "So maybe just leave it for now Art" Carla says, leaning up to kiss you and you kissing her back. "I need to finish dinner now" "Okay" you reply, letting go of her and walking into the living room when you see something out of place on the table. You pick it up and look at it closely. A drug test. But not any drug test. A positive one.

|| authors note ~ Hope you enjoy! I've been writing quite a bit the past two days because I'm not going to be able to write for a few days soon so if I get a bit inactive sorry <3 ||