Part 28

You end the call and lie back on the bed and realise what Lando had said to you. love.

You start to overthink it, like you always do. Did he say it on accident, did I just hear it wrong?

You push it to the back of your mind and walk downstairs, leaving your phone in your room.

"Sorry, I didn't realise how much time had passed" You say as you walk into the room, seeing Arthur sat down next to Charles.

"I'm gonna go to the shop now, is pasta okay guys?" Charles says, whilst getting up from his seat.

"Yeah, that's great thanks"
"Pasta sounds lovely Charles"

You nod in response and smile at him as he stands behind you, placing his hands on your shoulder.

"Okay, I'll be about 15 minutes. See you later." Charles says as he pats your shoulder and walks off.

5 minutes later you hear the front door close and everyone carries on with the conversation, talking about their current life.

You stayed quiet most of the time, not really in the mood to talk but stayed as you didn't want to seem rude to Lorenzo and Charlotte as you didn't see them often. Until 15 minutes later, the conversation turned to you.

"Aurelia, tell me how has your career been coming on? Lorenzo asked, everyone now looking at you.

"Uhmm I graduated from university with a fashion design degree a while ago, and I have my first job with a well known company in two days." You say, whilst fiddling with your fingers nervously under the table.

"Wow! Well done I'm so proud!" Charlotte said, hugging you. "And how is Noah? He's such a nice boy." She carried on, unknowing about everything that had happened.

Your heart sunk, and your whole body froze. You didn't know how to respond, all your feelings dropped away and you just sat there silent.

You feel everyone's eyes on you and try to speak but no sound comes out.  You hear Arthur whisper something, but you can't tell what he says.

You stare continuously at a blank space at the wall, lost in your thoughts with your leg uncontrollably shaking.

F L A S H B A C K

It was almost 1 in the morning, and you had gone out clubbing with some friends and lost track of time during the night.

Before you left, Noah had made you promise you would be home by midnight but he didn't want you going in the first place. He had no trust in you.

You had got some drinks for your friends, and were struggling to carry them back to your friends, being quite drunk already, when a young man came over to you.

"You look like your struggling, would you like some help?"

"Yesss please!"

You handed them some of the drinks and led the way back to your friends.

"Ooh Lia! Whose this? Hope your not cheating!"
"Lia! Is this a secret fling?"

"Nooo, I would never cheat I love ..." you start saying, when someone comes storming up to you, knocking the drinks out of your hand.

"What the f**k do you think your doing Aurelia? I said to be home by midnight!" Noah shout, as you took a step back.

As you began to talk, he started shouting again. "And when I waste my time I come and see you talking with another man? This is why I didn't want you going! Your such a s**t, you don't understand how hard it is for me to have to deal with you! Without me you would be homeless, being a f***ing prostitute!"

You took a step back, terrified of Noah shouting at you as tears began to swell in your eyes.

"Hey man, I wasn't doing anything to your girl.." the young man, whose name you never learned began.

"Shut the f**k up!" Nosh shouts, turning around to him, punching him in the jaw.
"Noah!" You shout, grabbing his arm, as he pushed you off.
"Shut your mouth you brat!" He shouts back, as he starts punching the guy.

10 minutes later, you were walking outside to find Noah after he had been kicked out of the club for fighting, being threatened with police being called.

As soon you get outside, you feel a firm grip on your arm, as you get dragged towards Noah's car and pushed inside.

"Noahhh, pleaseeee I'm sorryyy" you say to him, as he fastened your seatbelt, very clearly drunk. He slams his hand down on the bonnet on the car. 

"For gods sake Aurelia! You complain that I don't trust you and then you go get drunk and if I hadn't showed up right now you would be in his bed."

"Noooo, itsss not like thatt, I promiseeeee babyyyy." You say, trying to hold his arm but get pushed off.

"No it is like that isn't it!" He says, shouting again angrily. He raises his hand and you hold your hand up as protection to what you were expecting was a punch, but you feel nothing.

A few seconds later, you see him getting in the drivers seat and beginning to drive away. But not long later, he begins speeding.

Whenever he was angry, he let out his angry in driving dangerously.

"Noahhh, slow downnn" you say, however get completely ignored.

5 minutes later, you were still asking him to slow down, at this point begging him. But still, he was ignoring you.

Another minute later, he looses control of the car slightly, making you scream but quickly gained control again.

"Noahhh, you're scaring meee" you say, now eyes full of tears, worrying about if you will crash.

N O R M A L    T I M E

The touch of a hand being placed on your shoulder shocks you and brings you back into normal time, out of the flashback.

"Lia? Please answer me?"

You turn your head and see Charles next to you, with his hand on your shoulder.

"Charlie..." you whisper quietly, but still loud enough for him to hear.

"It's okay, he's not here." He says, as a banging sound comes from the front on the house.

As if someone was banging their fist on the front window. Your eyes fill with anxiety and worry as your thoughts spin rapidly, going over anyone it could possibly be. Yet only 1 person sticks.

Your face immediately goes pale, all colour draining away as the banging carries on, this time followed by a familiar voice.

"COME ON I KNOW YOUR IN THERE"

"S**t" Charles says looking down at you.

"Why is he here? Charles how is he here?"

"I don't know princess, but he's clearly followed one of us. Please stay here, out of sight from any window."

You nod, and hurry to the far side of the kitchen, furthest away from the front door as Charles went to the door. Your eyes that were already full with tears began dripping down your face.

You couldn't hear the full conversation, just the angry shouts from outside.

"BRING HER HERE NOW!"
"DO NOT LIE TO ME!"
"CHARLES I SWEAR TO GOD BRING HER RIGHT NOW!"
"I WATCHED HER ENTER!"

As you listen to the parts of the conversation, you fall lower and lower to the floor, sliding down against the wall when you hear the sound of a punch, followed the the sound of someone falling.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy! I'm gonna start the next part soon because I can't leave you on a cliffhanger like this for too long 🧡 ||