part 88

whilst going into turn 10, lando goes to overtake lewis hamilton in front of him but loses control of the car and crashes into the barrier. but it didn't stop there...

the car slides back out onto the track, spinning several times before hitting the barrier on the other side too.

you hold your hand to your face in shock of what just happened. you couldn't believe your eyes. it was a terrible crash, and your mind immediately cut to the worst possible outcome.

that lando could die

that's how bad the crash was.

the car was destroyed, parts of it across the track.
mutters started to rise across the garage, wondering if he was okay.

you were so worried about lando, that you didn't even realise your reaction was being filmed by many cameras.

"lando, are you okay?" echoes across the garage, his team radio being shared as the race was red flagged.

at first he doesn't speak, he just groans. your eyes finally started watering, the initial shock had slightly drifted now leaving you worried. quickly, you wipe it away.

"i-i'm ok." lando finally replies.

a few seconds later, his engineer (will) comes to you and directs you to the pit wall.

"thank you for getting me." you say to him.

zac (brown) hands you the headphones and connects you to the radio as lando wasn't getting out of the car until he spoke to you.

"lia?" lando whispers.

"i'm here lan, are you alright?"

"i-i think ill be okay." he replies, his voice shaky

"that's good, now you need to get out of the car. the ambulance is nearly there." you say, whilst zac shows you where the ambulance was.

"yeah."

"as soon as you get to the paddock i'll come find you." you say, as lando gets out of the car with the help of the marshals.

you take the headphones off before turning to talk to zac.

"is he injured?" you ask.

"there's a possibility, yeah. he had some wrist pain and ankle pain. hopefully just the force of the crash."

"hopefully, not a great birthday for him."

"yeah no, not at all. after a normal check up at the medical centre, he'll get taken to the hospital. i'm guessing you will go too?"

"yes, thank you for letting me speak to him."

"he asked for you, and he wasn't getting out until you spoke to him."

"well i'm going to go find him now, which way do i go?"

"if you don't mind i'll come with you? just wanna check that he's okay."

"no of course!"

you and zac go to the ambulance that had just pulled up beside the medical centre. they open the doors and wheel lando out, who was sat in a wheelchair. he looked really pale.

you walk up to him and pull him into my arms."

"i'm sorry love." lando whispers, still very shaky.

"only you would ever apologise after a crash like that."

"i promised to stay safe." he replies.

"that was out of your control amor, i'm just glad your safe." i say, breaking apart from him.

"don't go... please." lando whispers, and my heart softens.

"where else would i want to be?" i say, before following him into the medical centre.

i take a seat beside the bed lando was being transferred onto as zac comes forward to make sure lando was okay. a few minutes later he leaves to go back to mclaren.

about 10 minutes later, you and lando get into the back of the ambulance and start to drive to the hospital. because of the severity of the crash, he had to go.

"is this still the best birthday ever?" you ask lando.

"maybe not." he says, wincing in pain.

5 hours later...

you and lando were walking arm in arm towards the mclaren hospitality. lando had sprained his wrist so he wouldn't be able to drive at the next few races. it wasn't the best birthday gift he could have gotten, but you were planning to try and make his birthday a little better.

starting with his cake...

as soon as you get into the mclaren hospitality, everyone starts to sing happy birthday to lando. his cake was on the table, and as soon as he saw it he looked across at you and laughed a little

once the song was finished, he blows out the candle.

"did you do this?" he asks.

"yes, it's gorgeous don't you think?" you say, smiling with your dimples on show.

"i think the real lando is better looking."

"100% better looking." you say, ruffling his hair.

you follow lando around whilst he talks to his engineers and mechanics because you didn't really know anyone there. after being there for an hour, you and lando had to leave so you could get ready.

he had still agreed to the party later on tonight thankfully.

"are you sure you still want to drive? we could get a taxi and i'll get charles to pick it up?" you say, as you and lando walked out of the paddock.

"i only sprained my wrist love, and i have my other hand as well. i'll be fine." lando replies.

"are you sure?"

"yes, stop worrying okay? i'm fine." lando says, placing his arm around your shoulders. you lean your head on his shoulder.

"i need to come up with some ideas for your birthday now." lando says.

"oh no, you don't have to amor."

"after everything you have done for me today? your gonna have an amazing birthday."

"if you say so." you reply, whilst getting into lando's car.

whilst driving back to the hotel, you decide to post on instagram...