Part 38

A U R E L I A

You wake up, feeling a strong arm around as your head moves with Lando's breathing. You slowly open your eyes and see the room is once again empty except for you and Lando.

You hear quiet snoring come from above your head and smile, you felt safe. Safe in Lando's arms, somewhere where Noah wouldn't reach you and you were protected from him.

You feel Lando's arm move slightly around you as he lifts his head up. "Hi..." he whispers, and you could tell he was smiling although you couldn't see.

"How did you sleep?" You ask, whispering.

"Best sleep in days, you?"

"Surprising, I thought the same." You say, blushing. Lando let's go of your hand and reaches out to grab his phone.

"Charles messaged a few minutes ago, he said he was about to go into the air."

"What do you mean?"

"He said he would get the helicopter back I think."

"Oh right." You say, pausing in the middle.

"Do you not want him to come back?" Lando asks.

"No I do, he's my brother. I can tell it's hard for him to be here, he hates hospitals. You know, every time he has  been in a hospital for someone, that person never came out again." You say.

Thoughts flooded your head about your memories with Jules and Papa, and you realised just how much you missed them. Without you realising, tears began to fall slowly down your face.

"Hey don't cry.." Lando says, placing his phone down and holding onto you again.

"I'm sorry..." you say wiping your tears away,

"It's nothing to be sorry for."

"Yeah but Noah always said..."

"It doesn't matter what Noah said, Noah is a dick." Lando says, cutting you off. After he finishes, Oscar walks in and smiles at you.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Good thanks, where did you go?" You reply, hearing Lando laugh quietly as you sit up beside him.

"Just the toilet."  He says, whilst sitting in a chair. You could see a glint of jealousy in his eyes and you blushed.

Lando places his arm around your shoulder once again and intertwines his fingers with your.

"You should eat something." Lando says, Oscar nodding in agreement.

"I-I'm not hungry." You say, shaking your head.

"Right, promise that you will later?" He asks, looking at you in the eye so you couldn't say no.

"Yes." You say, smiling at him. He smiles back and you notice his eyes once again.They were a gorgeous deep blue, like the ocean. Ones that you could look into for hours, and never get bored. You noticed a shine in them today that you hadn't noticed before.

"Lando, if you don't want you don't have to stay here." You whisper, but he shakes his head.

"I don't, do you want me to?"

"No..." you say, smiling at him showing your dimples.

"Then I'll stay as long as you want me too." He whispers.

30 minutes later you were deep in conversation with Oscar and Lando about where you all grow up when there's a knock at the door.

"Miss may I come in?" An unfamiliar voice says.

"Yes, you can." You say, slightly saddened as you had hoped it would be Charles.

"What food would you like? We have soup and
bread or pasta." The worker says.

You feel Lando squeeze your hand before you go to say that you weren't hungry and sigh before choosing pasta, but you knew you wouldn't eat it anyway. You thank the lady and she places it on a table beside your bed before leaving and shutting the door behind you.

"Are you going to eat it?" Lando asks

"No... later." You say adding on the last bit when you see a look of worry in his eyes.

Another 15 minutes later you were all talking about what the better f1 Team was, and who was the best f1 driver in history when Lando's phone starts to ring.

"It's Charles" he says, before answering it.

"Hello?"
"Yeah, yeah she is."
"No, no she's not."
"Yeah I can, one minute."

Lando pulls the phone away from his ear and looks down at you. "Charles wants to speak to you." He says, handing the phone to you.

"Hello?"
"Hey Lia, how are you feeling?"
"I don't know really."
"Did you eat?"
"Yeah, I have." You lie, hoping he hadn't already asked Lando.
"Okay, well me and Arthur will be there in 15 minutes and I got you some clothes."
"Thanks Charlie."
"Okay, I'm gonna go now, love you."
"Love you too..."

He ends the call and you pass it back to Lando before you lie against Lando and he wraps his arm around you.

"You alright?" He whispers into your ear and you nod, giving him a fake smile. You look over at Oscar and see he's asleep you point it out to Lando and he takes a photo, laughing quietly. You smile but was clearly distracted.

"Did Charles say when he would be here?"

"About 15 minutes."

"Right, you sure your okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine." You say, although you weren't. You wanted to tell someone, you really did. But you didn't want to be annoying to anyone, and you hated talking about those things. It made you so uncomfortable and selfish.

You lean over and pick your phone up and go through Instagram stories when you see Lando's story. A photo of yours and his hand intertwined with a love heart. "Lando..." You say, smiling at him.

"I can delete it if you want, I should have asked."

"What? No it's fine, I think it's cute."

"You do?"

"Yeah."

You decide to take a photo of yours and Lando's hand intertwined and post it on your as well. Your Instagram was finally public as someone was hired to make it professional and over the past few days you had gone from less than 1000 followers to 14k.

Most of them were f1 fans, from when Charles had tagged you in a post from race day. But you were still thankful.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoyed 🧡🧡 writing these are probably the hardest part to write haha <3 ||