Part 20

"Are you ready to go?" Oscar asks from beside you and you nod in reply. "Great, I've booked us a table at this restaurant that I went to last time I was in Monaco." He says looking across at you as he drives out of the drive. You smile up at him. "Okay, thanks so much for inviting me Oscar." "Anytime Lia" He replies smiling at you, showing his dimples. You had never noticed he had them. But now, they were your favourite part of your face, above his koala eyes. He had a smile that you could look at all day and not get bored, like a beautiful piece of art. You had begun your love for art when your father took you to your first art gallery on a holiday to Italy. Now he was always in your memory when you went to art museums.

As you drive down the streets of Monaco, you look out the window at the beauty of your home country and every so often you catch Oscar looking at you, or rather smiling at you. As you catch him looking again you turn your head and look across to him smiling. "So what made you think about going to an art museum?" You ask him, smiling. "I can't tell you that." He replies with a laugh.

Gosh his laugh was so cute. But you barely knew him. You couldn't fall for him straight away. It would ruin a great friendship that would be to come.

"I won't laugh, I promise" You say.
"Nope" "Come on Oscar, it can't be that bad of a reason.... Unless you're stalking me?" You say as a joke. "Woah, don't go that far. I'm not Sherlock Holmes, you posted about going to an art gallery on your Instagram." Your brain clicks, that makes so much sense. "Oh yeah I did" You say, laughing slightly. "So really it's thanks to you." Oscar says smiling as the car rolls to a stop. You go to open the door but Oscar leans over and pulls it shut. "Wait just a second." He says, getting out of the car and running to your door, opening it for you and holding his hand out for you. You place your hand in his and get out of the car, picking your bag up from the floor as Oscar shuts the door behind you. "Thank you" "Your welcome" He replies smiling across at you as you both begin walking down the street. You begin walking on the path closest to the road when Oscar walks behind you and comes out beside, slightly moving you to walk on the inside of the path.

"Here it is." Oscar says whilst opening the door for you. You enter, thanking him. Once you get inside you look around the cafe. It was gorgeous, you already knew that you would come back purely for the aesthetic of the place. You and Oscar walk up to the counter. "Hello, do you have a table booked?" "Yes, under the name Piastri." He says. "Table for two?" He nods at the waitress. "Great, follow me." They say walking to a table in the middle of the cafe. "Is this table okay? Or would you prefer one a bit more private?" Oscar whispers "Can you ask if we can move please?" You whisper back. He nods. "Excuse me, is there any chance we could get a more private table?" "Yes of course." You follow the waitress to a table in the left corner. "Will this be okay Mr piastri?" "Yes this is perfect,thank you." He says as the waitress places down menus.

Oscar pulls out your chair as you sit down, thanking him. He sits down in front of you smiling. "I've realised that we don't exactly know each other very much, so tell me about yourself" Oscar asks. "Well I went to school for fashion design and I've always wanted to be a model. So now I'm just applying for jobs. But it's probably very boring if I carry on talking about myself." You look across at Oscar, who was looking at you. Actually listening. "You can carry, I'm listening." He says smiling. "Really?" He nods.

"Well I also play piano and love reading." "I've always wanted to play piano." He says. You carry on talking for a few minutes about your life until Oscar says."We should probably look at the menus now.". "Yeah we should." You say as you pick up your menu. You read through and decide on a chicken salad. "What are you thinking of getting?" You ask Oscar. "The chicken pasta sounds good, I'll get that. What are you thinking?" "The chicken salad sounds nice." You look over and see the same waitress come over. "Okay are we ready to order drinks?" You look over at Oscar who nods. "I'll just get water , thanks." He says. "I'll get water too, thank you." You say. "Okay great, I'll bring those to you in a few minutes, are you ready to order food yet or do you need more time?" "Yeah we are ready." Oscar says. "Great, what can I get you sir?" "I'll get the chicken pasta please." "Of course, and what can I get for you, miss?" "I'll get the grilled chicken salad please." "Perfect, I'll bring those drinks through soon."

The waitress takes away the menus from the table to walk back to the kitchen leaving you both alone to talk again. You both begin talking about anything and everything , pausing when the waitress brings you your drinks. 20 minutes later your food is brought and it looks amazing. You thank the waitress and take a sip of water before beginning to eat your food. You look over at Oscar's plate. "Yours looks nice O." He looks up at you. "O?" "Sorry Oscar." "No, it's fine you can call me that" he says smiling as he begins to eat his pasta as you begin eating too. "Is yours nice?" You ask. "Yeah, do you want to try?" "You nod and he feeds you with his fork. "You nearly missed my mouth!" You say laughing slightly after you have swallowed it. "You feed me and see how easy it is." "Deal" You say taking the fork and taking some pasta and feeding it to Oscar easily. "See?" "Okay, fine you win." He says laughing, showing his dimples again. Thank god for giving him dimples.

20 minutes later you had both finished eating and were getting ready to leave. You get up from your table and walk to the front counter to pay. You go to get your purse out of your bag when Oscar lightly takes your hand out. "No, I'm paying." "It's fine Oscar, I can pay." "I'm not letting you pay." "Okay then." You say, smiling and thanking him.

After he pays you both leave the cage and he opens the door for you again. He was such a gentleman, and he was also kind of cute. But you couldn't fall for him. You wouldn't let yourself. You wouldn't give him your problems.

You both walk along the street towards where you parked the car, play arguingz about what the better f1 Team was, Ferrari or McLaren. Obviously you were on team Ferrari and you always have been. Your whole family has supported Ferrari, even before Charles drove there. And of course Oscar thought McLaren was better, purely because he drove for them. You both arrive at his car, still in conversation. "See, you're even getting into a McLaren now" He says, followed by a laugh. "Only to be polite, honestly makes me want to throw up" You say jokingly. "Sure it does, you love the car." He says whilst opening the door, raising his eyebrows at you. You thank him and sit down, placing your bag at your feet.

Oscar gets in beside you in the driver seat. "Oscar, where do you actually live?" You ask curiously. "London, I moved from Australia a few years ago, it was easier to travel to races from there." You nod. "So how do you have your car here?" "Oh this isn't mine, it's just rented out for the Monaco race week and any other time I spend here." "So it's like to look good in the media?" "Exactly, you understand this a lot more than I did" He says, looking across at you smiling with his dimples on show.

His smile was so gorgeous , everytime it looked like it should be advertising a teeth-whitening advert. It gave you butterflies every single time. You were in love with it. And maybe him?

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🧡 kind of a long part, but I'm trying to make my parts longer.  Already working on the next part! ||