Part 38

You both sat there in a comfortable silence when you hear two pairs of footsteps pause outside the door, before it opens and you see your brothers.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Charles says, Arthur echoing afterwards.

"Good I guess, look." You say pointing at Oscar. Immediately they both take out there phone and take a photo, laughing silently.

Arthur puts the suitcase in the corner, before sitting down beside Charles in a seat. "We saw the police officers again, they were wondering if you can speak to them tomorrow morning?" He asks.

"Alone?" You ask nervously.

"I'm guessing, sorry."

"I could you know?" Lando says.

"What?" Charles says, confused.

"I could maybe go with Lia. He assaulted me right? The police already said they want to talk to me."He carries on.

"He attacked me as well." Charles says, pointing at his nose, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry." Lando replies, sass in his voice. You squeeze his hand, trying to tell him to stop. To your surprise, he understood and stopped.

You look across at Charles and see him yawning. "Go to sleep Charlie." You say, but he shakes his head.

"No, I'm not tired." He replies.

"Please, Charlie." You say, almost begging him.

"Fine, just 1 question Lia." He says, sitting forward in his seat. Panic rises inside of you, trying to guess what he could want.

"Lia, why do you still lie to me?"

You freeze and your heart drops, you didn't know exactly what he was on about, but you had a clue. You stay silent, waiting for him to tell you what he knew.

"Lia?" He repeats before tapping you, knocking you out of your thoughts.

"Sorry." You whisper.

"But you need to stop lying about..." he begins saying but stops once he sees you shaking his head.

"Please don't Charles. Not here." You whisper again.

"Okay, do you want to eat this now?" He asks, pointing at the food on the side. You shake your head as he sighs and sits back again.

"You should, eat it you know." Lando whispers quietly into your ear so no one else would hear. You shake your head once again and close your eyes.

"I'm not hungry." You say as Charles goes to speak again.

"Okay fine, but if you don't eat now I'm telling your doctor."

You face goes blank and all the colour drains from your face. You felt almost betrayed by Charles saying that.

"That's a bit far Charles..." Lando says.

"She's not your sister." He says back, clearly getting annoyed by Lando.

"Get the f**k out." You shout at Charles.

"Fine! I don't need to be here, I'm going home . And clearly you prefer Lando over me." He says before leaving, Arthur quickly gets up and goes after him,

"F**k my life." You mutter, whilst Lando pulls you in close.

"Hey don't say that." Oscar says, clearly you didn't say it quiet enough.

"Lia, I know your going through a tough time right now but if you want to get better your going to need your family with you. Helping you." He carries on.

"I'm sure I'll be fine without Charles, I was as a child." You say, clearly angry.

"Don't say that." Oscar says.

"I know that he was away karting a lot, but he still cares about you."

"He clearly cared so much that he carried on karting but made Arthur stop and suffer.

"Love your getting stressed, calm down." Lando whispers.

"I'm sorry, hospitals stress me out."

"Same for me."

"Lan I'm just so tired."

"I know, go to sleep okay? Charles will be here in the morning."

"And you?"

"I'll be right here all night long." He whispers back. You nod and wrap yourself around him before immediately falling asleep.

A R T H U R

"Charles!"
"Charles come back!"

You quickly walk after him, following him down the endless maze of corridors until you reach the entrance. You see him getting in his car and starting the engine, so you try and open the door.

You look through the tinted window and you could see his eyes swimming in tears.

"Charles, come on. She needs you. You can't leave her here alone. Not this hospital, that room. She hasn't noticed but she will soon, and she will need you there." You say, practically pleading with him to stay, but no.

He drove off, speeding into the distance. You turn around and head back to the hospital room.

5 minutes later you entered and saw Lando holding Lia, and she looked safe? They were both smiling.

Oscar gives you a questioning look, asking where Charles was and you just shake your head, sitting down beside him.

"Arthur I'm so sorry, it must be hard for you." He whispers. You looked at him and nodded.

"Arthur where's Charles?" Lia asks.

"He's just having a moment outside don't you worry." You lie.

He wasn't outside, he was driving off god knows where.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoyed 🧡 its a bit smaller then usual and I apologise for not posting in a few days I'm just feeling a bit unmotivated right now.||