part 43

He winks at you and smiles as there is once again a knock on the door.

"May i come in?" A new voice you hadn't heard before asked.

"Yes." You reply as they walk in with a wheelchair, leave it in the corner and leave once again.

"I've got all your stuff, are we all ready to go?" Charles asks whilst standing up.

"Yes."
"Yeah."
"Yep."

Everyone agreed and began to stand up and head to the door except for Charles, Lando and of course, you. They had agreed to meet down in the entrance of the hospital as it would take you longer to get down.

Lando gently picks you up - and you try to hide your reaction to the pain - from where you were sat on the bed and places you on the wheelchair before quickly kissing your hand as he stands up. You immediately blush but try to hide it by checking your phone.

"Okay, we can go now." Charles says, whilst opening the door for Lando to push you out. As you left, you almost felt like you recognised the room. You couldn't remember how, or why do decide to put it to the back of your mind as it probably didn't mean anything.

5 minutes later, you were finally out of the entrance and heading towards your friends.

"So, how exactly are we all going to get to the airport with two cars?"You ask.

"Me, Arthur, and Lando in one car, you Gabriella and Oscar in the other." Charles says.

You could tell that he wasn't happy to not be in the car with you, but he didn't get given a choice. Lando wasn't too happy either.

"Alright then, meet you at the airport yeah?" Oscar asks, whilst unlocking his car.

"Yes, see you there." Charles says whilst getting into his car.

"Are you alright in the back?" Oscar asks Gabriella.

"Yes, of course! Thank you for driving me." She replies.

"No problem ." He says, giving her a polite smile before giving you his full attention.

He opens the front passenger door and helps you up out of the wheelchair, before guiding you down into the seat.

"Are you alright there?" He asks you, whilst leaning his hand against the car.

"Yes, thank you." You say, smiling at him showing off your dimples.

He slowly puts the seatbelt around you and as it touches your waist you wince in pain.

"S**t i'm sorry, here put this on your stomach so the seatbelt won't touch it." He apologises, handing you his hoodie.

"Don't worry, thank you." You say, before he shuts the door and walks round to his door and gets in.

About a minute later you were finally driving away from the hospital, when it came to you.

Why you had recognised the room.

It was a room that part of your life had been torn away from you. A room that caused you endless sleepless nights.

Where Jules had died.

You stare out of the window, blocking out all noise whilst trying to hold back the tears that were currently pooling up in your eyes.

You flinch as you feel a hand lay on top of yours.

"Lia?" Oscar whispers beside you.

"Yes?" You reply, your voice shaking.

Oscar moves your hand and interlocks his hand with yours whilst looking across at you at the same time as watching the road.

"You alright Love?" He asks and you nod, staying silent.

You knew that he could tell you were lying, but if you engaged with him. You knew it would end up with you in tears.

"I-Im... fine" You manage to say without crying as Oscar strokes your hand.

"Your not a very good liar y'know." Oscar says.

"Im sorry." You say, finally looking back at him after wiping your eyes dry.

"Lia you need to stop apologising for things that aren't your fault." Gabriella says, breaking her silence.

"I agree." Oscar says.

"I'm so.."

"Don't!" Oscar and Gabriella say at the same time.

"Okay, okay i won't say it." You say, with a little laugh.

A few minutes later, you arrive at the airport and drive round to the location of Charles' helicopter. As the car pulls to a stop and Oscar gets out, Gabriella stays in the car with you.

"You need to tell me every single detail about you and the mclaren drivers." Gabriella says as soon as the door shuts.

"What? Nothings happened." You reply.

"Do not lie mejor amiga!" Gabriella says, gently poking you.

"Fine! I'll tell you when we get back to Monaco, now shush!" You reply, as Lando walks over to your side of the car.

He opens the car door and leans his head in.

"I'll help you to the helicopter." Lando says as he holds out his hands.

You wrap your hand around his hands and stand up, leaning against him in an attempt to not fall back down. You weren't the most stable person at the moment- of course due to your injury.

"Lean on me." Lando says, removing one of his arms to around your waist and keeping the other holding your hand.

"Thank you." You say quietly, as you slowly walk towards the helicopter.

You couldn't deny the fact that you would have been able to walk a single step without Lando helping you, and motivating you the whole way.

"There you go." Lando says as you finally sit down inside the helicopter, with Gabriella sat beside you.

"Thank you Lando." You say whilst smiling at him, showing off your dimples.

"Anytime." He replies, blushing but trying to hide it.

A few minutes later, your two brothers were finally inside the helicopter and you were all saying goodbye to Lando and Oscar as you were about to depart from the airport.

"Take off in 1 minute sir." The pilot says over the headphones.

"Great." Charles replies as Oscars car drives off, away from the helicopter which was almost ready to fly.

You grab onto Gabriella's hand without realising as the helicopter begins to fly, but once you realise you quickly let go and apologise.

"No it's fine, I don't mind." She says, giving you a sweet smile which calmed your nerves.

A few minutes after you were high in the air, you lean against the wall and fall asleep almost immediately.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoyed this part <3 ||