part 83

it was time for qualifying. lando finished fastest in fp3 and now was waiting in the garage to start qualifying.

you were stood with max fewtrell and his girlfriend pietra, who you had also bought a ticket for. you didn't want to leave her out, and you were so glad you got her a ticket because you were both getting along really well.

finally qualifying starts, and lando leaves the garage. both mclaren's make it into q2, and once lando was back in the garage he calls for you to come over.

"is everything okay amor?" you ask, looking into the cockpit at lando.

"yeah, i just want to hear your voice." he replies

"aw, well done in q1, you did amazing."

"thank you love, i want to get pole for you."

"for me?"

"yes, it's been ages since you have come to a race."

"you know i watch them all on my phone."

"i know you love to come to races though."

"of course, i love  seeing you do what you love."

"lia, i love you."

"i love you too amor, where's this coming from?"

"nowhere, but i think you were right about the storm."

"amor, nothings going to happen. your going to be fine."

"just in case, tell me you love me one last time?"

"lando norris, i love you."

"i love you."

"i need to go now." you say, as q2 starts.

you say goodbye to lando before making you way back to max and pietra.

"what did he want?" max asks.

"i think he's worried about the weather." you reply

"it does look like a storm is coming. maybe not today, but definitely tomorrow." pietra says and you nod.

"i just hope it isn't during the race, they can be harsh right?" you ask and she nods before holding onto your hand.

"lando will be fine lia."

"i know, but he's worried. its.. i don't know what i will do if he gets hurt." you say, thinking back to jules' crash.

after qualifying was finished, lando gets out of the car and looks over to you, mouthing "i love you."

you gently blush at him, before mouthing it back.

as soon as lando was free to, he comes over to you and kisses you. you kiss him back before sorting out his hair.

"well done amor."

"it was for you my love, like always."

"your face." you say, gently touching a line on his face from his helmet.

"it's fine." he says, before he gets called over by a mechanic.

"i'll be 10 minutes darling." he says, letting go of you and walking over to his mechanics.

20 minutes later, lando wraps his arms around your waist, placing his head in your shoulder.

"hey." he whispers.

"lando mate! good job with pole." max says.

"thanks, i'm glad that the storm didn't start during quali."