Part 33

10 minutes later, Charles had plugged your phone in and it had just turned on, you immediately started to write the email and a few minutes later you had sent it. Charles was trying to keep your mind off the fact you have just ruined the start of your dream career by creating a conversation, but it was stuck at the back of your mind.

"Once your stomach has healed and you can walk again, I promise we will go on a day out and I will take you to all your favourite shops." He said, reaching out to hold your hand again.

"Really? You find shopping boring though Charlie." You say, as you get an intense sharp pain begin in your stomach, closing your eyes.

"It's not that bad, if your happy I'll be happy- Are you alright? Is your stomach hurting?"

You nod , placing your hand on your lower stomach, just underneath the wound and thank him when the doctor walks in once again.

"Doctor! Is he okay?" You ask quickly.

"Ms. Leclerc, how are you feeling? You look like your in pain."

"It's pretty painful, I just got this stabbing pain on the wound area though."

"Let me have a look." The doctor says, walking over to you and pulling your shirt up to reveal your stomach that was currently bandaged up. You looks down and see the bandage slowly being stained red.

"Is that normal Doctor?" You ask nervously, squeezing Charles' hand.

"No,not normally. I'll call your surgeon to have a look. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, did you get any news on Lando though."

"Oh, yes sorry I forgot to say. He's awake and your other brother is giving him good company. I'll let you know that his doctor told me the first thing he said was asking about how your surgery had gone."

"Aw really?"

"Yes, he's going to fine. He only suffered from a small head injury, no long term damage. I came in to ask if you would like to see him but we may need to push it back a while until we sort of your wound."

"Please can I go to his room, it doesn't have to be long."

"Oh no, you wouldn't be going. It's too risky to move you at the moment, we would bring him in here. I suppose he could come in for a little while before the surgeon comes."

"Yes, that would be perfect. Charles are you okay with that?" You ask, looking at him instead of the doctor.

"If that's what you want, then of course princess." He says, smiling at you.

"Great I'll bring him in about 5 minutes."Your doctor says before leaving again.

You move the shirt back down to hide the bandage and look up at Charles who was holding his head in his hands. You place your hand on the top of his head and stroke his hair as you hear the sound of muffled crying.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" You say softly but he stays silent. Gently you move his hands away and see tears dripping down his face.
"Charles... please tell me."

"God I'm so sorry princess. This is all my fault and I'm the one crying."

"No, don't say that. Believe me I've cried a lot, but you were in danger so you should cry."

"But I put you in danger, nothing happened to me."

"Nothing? Look at your nose Charlie, you can't call that nothing."

"It's only broken, it will get fixed. But I deserve it."

"Please don't say that Charlie, it's not your fault  Noah is out of his mind, he's crazy."

"But if I hadn't opened the door to him, we wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed with a stab wound. God I ruined everything."

"Please stop saying that Charles, if you hadn't opened the door he would have found some way to get in another way."

"I-I can't do this." He says, panic in his voice.

"Charles..."

"No I'm just making everything worse, you shouldn't be worrying about me. I need to go." He says as he stood up and walked out, slamming the door behind him. Ignoring  you calling his name out, You hated you couldn't follow him and got so angry with yourself you burst into tears.

You grabbed a pillow from behind you and screamed into it, but it wasn't enough. You felt like hurting yourself for all the pain you had put everyone through. But you couldn't, hell you couldn't even move. So you lay there, tears falling down your face, when you hear a knock on your door.

"Ms Leclerc, can we come in?"

"Oh yes." You reply, hoping with your whole heart it was Lando. And to your luck it was. The doctor opened the door and wheeled him in, putting him right beside your bed. He looked at you with sadness in his eyes and the doctor excused herself and left, shutting the door behind her.

"Lando I'm so sorry, you don't understand how much danger you could have been in." You began saying rapidly, with tears still falling down your face.

"Lia... are you okay?"

"W-what?"

"Are you okay? I mean are you actually okay, don't just say yeah I'm fine."

"Lan... it really hurts."

"I know love, where's Charles?" He says, holding your hand and you stay silent.

"Arthur said he was in here, was he not?"

"No... he was. He thinks all of this is his fault and he's ran off and I couldn't  go after him and I don't know where he's gone, or what he's going to do."You say, whispering the end, scared.

"I'll call Arthur, he can find him and make sure he's going to be okay. You shouldn't need to worry about him, not when your like this."

"I can't help but worry, his mental health is so bad recently."

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and messages Arthur before putting it back away.

"There, Arthur will go find him and you can stop worrying."

"Thank you Lan."

"How is your stomach?"

"Painful as f**k to be honest."

"Straight to the point." He says with a laugh.

"And the surgeon should be coming any minute now, the wound is leaking blood."

"Is that normal?"

"God knows. I just really want some drugs right now, the pain in unbearable."

"I was given drugs when I came in, Arthur had some amazing videos."

"I need to see these."

"Damn, a need huh?"

|| authors note ~ Hope you enjoy 🧡 I love writing these cute parts and I hope you like reading them <3 ||