Part 24

You both begin walking down the hill. About 20 minutes later you realise how hard the hill was to walk down, especially in the dark. 

"This is so much harder than going up!"  You say, whilst trying not to fall over. "Is it?" You hear from closely in front. "How are you not finding it hard to not fall?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I do it all the time. But the first time I did fall a lot" You laugh slightly.

You push your hair behind your ear to clear your view in an attempt to not fall yet fail. A few seconds later your foot slips and you fall over. In a split of a second, you scream and pull Lando down with you to the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Lando! I didn't mean to pull you down!" You say. "Are you okay?" You ask quickly, as you had no reply. "Lando?" You say again, crawling over to where he was lying down. You look at his face and see his eyes closed.

Your heart sunk thinking you had hurt him, the first time you both had connected. You place your hand on his chest and as you do you hear. "Boo!" You scream in reply and get up, taking a few steps back. You look over at Lando and see him standing up.

"Lando Norris! You scared the life out of me!" You say walking back over to him. "You've got to admit it was pretty funny." He says whilst laughing. "I mean, a little. But I thought I had hurt you!" "Aww, were you worried?" He asks, puppy eyes on show. "Never" You say and he rolls his eyes as a joke. "Are you okay though?" Lando asks seriously. You nod in reply. "Do you need me to carry you down?" He says as a joke. "I'm fine Lando" You say, shaking your head.

As you start to walk down the last bit of the hill, you feel yourself being lifted up from the ground. "Lando, I said I would be fine." "Yeah, well I don't want you falling again do we?" He says.

You felt safe as he held you against his chest, one arm underneath your knees, and the other behind your head. In this moment, you felt like this could be your life, that hopefully you would feel safe. Not scared from Noah or any of his friends that definitely could do some damage to people around you.

But with Lando, all your worries are gone. He didn't make you remember your past relationship. He just made you feel something that well, to be honest you couldn't name.

You get a wave of tiredness come over yourself and  place your head against Lando, as you realise how tired you really were. "You tired?" Lando whispers and you nod in response. "Yeah" you whisper back. You reach the bottom of the hill finally and Lando places you do on a bench, sitting next to you. "Do you want to sit for a few minutes?" You shake your head and sit up on the bench. "No, it's not that far away." He nods and stands up, giving you his hand. You take his hand and begin the short walk back home.

You both walk in silence until you reach the drive of your house. Lando takes your other hand in his and pulse you into his chest. "Make sure you get some sleep love" You nod against his chest. "Yeah" He presses his lips against the top of your head, giving you a light kiss. "Goodnight love" He whispers "Goodnight Lan" You whisper back, pulling away from him. You go onto your tiptoes and give him a kiss on the cheek and begin to walk towards your house.

You get a few steps away and hear Lando whisper behind you.
"Soon you will feel my lips on yours, but not yet my love"
You smile to yourself, but carry on walking into the house as you hear footsteps walking away behind you. Whilst walking up, you realise Lando probably didn't mean for you to hear. But even so, it warmed your insides. Once you reach the door you look back and see another shadow stood on the other side of the street, but push the worry aside as it was probably just some random person.

You knock on the door and wait for someone to open it.  Not long later, Arthur opens the door smiling. "Hey Lia" he says as you step in and you sit down on the floor against the wall. "You good?" Arthur asks, shutting the door. You nod whilst you begin to take your shoes off. "Charles and Carla are  in the kitchen." "Okay, give me a minute I'll come too" He nods and walks back into the kitchen.

You carry your shoes up to your room and then put them away. You put your phone in the charger and see you had a notification from an unknown number. You open the notification and see it was a photo.

Your heart drops as you see the photo of you and Lando sitting down on the bench.

Where you were not even 10 minutes ago. And you realise, he probably followed you home.

|| authors note ~ just a small part today bc soon there's going to be a lot of drama!! Also going to be editing previous parts tonight and the next few days. Hope you enjoyed this part 🧡 ||