Part 36

Everyone in the room looks your way in shock, as you just stare down at your hands.

"You heard her, leave. Now." Charles says.

"I'm so sorry about my partner, their new and haven't dealt with cases like this. I apologise on both of our behalf. However we will need to speak to Ms.Leclerc at some point, maybe tomorrow?" The first police officer says.

"I don't know just yet, goodbye." Charles says, before sitting back down beside you, watching all three of them leave as the doctor apologises.

"Wow..." Arthur says, smiling at you as well as Charles.

"What?" You ask, confused.

"You stood up for yourself princess, well done.." Charles says, his eyes watering.

If your brothers knew anything about you, it was that you hated conflict. You would give in to whatever anyone wanted. With your relationship with Noah, it made you sort of afraid of things like that.

"Charlie don't cry." You say, wiping a tear of his cheek.

"Sorry..." He replies, holding onto your hand as  the door opens and Lando enters.

"Guess whose going- what happened to Charles and why are people smiling?" Lando asks, confused.

"Two police officers came in, trying to talk to Aurelia and she told them to f**k off." Oscar says, as Lando sits down next to him.

"Badass" Lando says laughing.

"So what did the doctors says?" Arthur asks.

"I'm free to go home." Lando says, looking at your face, now with a sad expression. "Don't worry Lo- Lia, I'm not going to." He carries on.

You look up from your hands finally and look at Lando, who had a jealous look on his face. He was looking down at yours and Oscar's hand, interlocked once again.

"Charles you really need to shower." You say as he sniffs his shirt.

"Yeah, I do." He replies.

"You and Arthur can go home and get yourself some new clothes if you want. Me and Oscar can stay here?" Lando says, looking across at Oscar.

"Yeah, we have clothes." Oscar replies.

"I mean, we should." Arthur says.

"We can't leave her alone." Charles says.

"You wouldn't, me or Oscar will be with her at any point." Lando says, trying to persuade him.

"If it's fine with you." Charles says.

"Of course." Oscar says, you staying silent.

"Lia? What do you think?" Charles says, stroking your other hand. You nod in response, still looking down. You were in shock of what you said to the police officer.

"Lia, speak." Charles whispers.

"Yes...I'm just tired." You whisper back.

"Okay, you go to sleep then, me and Arthur will go now. I'll be back by tonight, I'll get the helicopter back." Charles says.

10 minutes later, Charles and Arthur had just left. Oscar was sat on one side of you, and Lando on the other.

"You should go to sleep." Lando says and you nod, letting go of Oscar's hand and getting as comfortable as you could on the hospital bed. A few seconds later you begin shivering out of being cold.

"Here, I don't think you can put it on, but I can wrap it round you." Lando says, taking off his hoodie, placing it around your shoulders.

A few minutes later, you were in a deep sleep, drained of all your energy.

1 HOUR LATER

"Lia..."
"Lia wake up, your having a nightmare."

You jolt and wake up, breathing fast as you feel Lando's hand on your face as tears fall down your face. Beside you the machine beeps loudly.

"Your okay, I'm here." Lando says, holding onto your hand. He continues soothing you as your breathing slows down to a normal speed.

The door bursts open as a doctor walks in.

"Ms are you okay?" The doctor asks, holding a clipboard.

"She's fine doctor." Lando says as you hold your hand to your face, not wanting to show you were crying. The doctor notices and apologises and explains she had to enter because of the machine and then leaves.

"Oscar's just had to take a phone call love." Lando says as he goes to sit back down in his chair, but you grab his hand and hold onto it.

"Where do you want me to go?" He asks as you pat on the bed beside yourself. He wake around the bed and sits down beside you. You place your head on his chest and he wraps his arm around you.

"Thank you." You whisper before falling asleep once again.

L A N D O

You look down and see Aurelia sleeping peacefully and smile, she was finally calm. A few minutes later Oscar re-entered and sat down.

"I can stay for the next few days." He whispers and you nod back, trying not to move much or make much noise.

""Lando, I need to tell you something about Noah, we can't tell Lia yet but I think it would help for you to know." He whispers.

"What is it?" You ask, scared about what Oscar might tell you as you rub Lia's back.

"Well, they don't think that Noah will go to prison." He says.

"That can't be right, why not."

"It's because he's not right in the head..."

"Yeah I f**King know that, look what he did Oscar. He deserves prison at least." You whisper back, clearly angry.

"It's the law, he will still go to prison eventually but a weaker sentence. But once they confirm he goes to get help."

"But she's going to have to go to court for them to confirm his illness then once again to find his prison sentence. And what if he escapes wherever he goes? Comes to find her for revenge." You say, shaking your head.

"None of us agree either Lando, we can't tell her. She's not ready."

You nod and bend your head, kissing Lia on the head. You look over at Oscar as you lean your head back and see a look of jealousy on his face.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy this part 🧡🧡 I also want to thank everyone who leaves a comment, they really motivate me to write more <3 ||