Part 27

"It's not your fault at all Lia. It was mine 100% and I'm so sorry. I said a joke and you didn't see and I shouldn't have done it in the first place."

You look deep into his eyes and see a mixture of emotions, and none of them good. Guilt, worry, sadness. All because of you.

"Lia? Please answer me..."

You stay silent, staring deep into his eyes as he looks deep into yours.

"It's not your fault, it's mine... " you finally whisper, after a few seconds which felt like minutes.

"No, you can't blame yourself for what happened to you. Your past is not your problem, you never chose to be treated like that." He replies, trying to reassure you.

You give him a light smile as he lets go of your face that he was gently holding with his hand and moves it to behind your head, pulling you into his chest. In response, you wrap your arms around his neck.

You both stay sat there for a few minutes, when across the room an alarm goes off.

"What's that for?" You ask curiously.

"Reminder to eat, some sort of diet thing I have to do."

You nod, knowing Charles does it to. Except his was a lot less strict now as he has much more experience and strength in the car.

"Do you want me to order you some food? I feel bad." He asks

"No thanks I ate before I left. I'll just carry on packing."

Whilst Oscar ate and entertained you, you carried on packing his suitcase when you hear a phone ring. It was Oscar's but you didn't know who it was.

"Hello?... Calm down Charles, why?... Oh, yeah... Yes she is, I'll tell her now for you... no problem... see you later bye

"Charles was worried because you weren't answering your phone." He says as he puts his phone down.

"S**t" you say as you get up and look for your phone and quickly find it as Oscar hands it to you. You see many notifications from Charles and another email, confirming your date for the modelling job.

You reply to Charles and tell him you were planning on walking back and immediately he replies.

You ~ Sorry Charlie, my phone was on silent and I forgot to message you.
You ~ I'm going to walk back after I have finished so I'll message you before I leave x
Charlie ❤️ ~ it's okay, message me and I'll come pick you up. I don't want you walking around by yourself right now x
You ~ okay Charlie x

You place your phone down on the table and finish up packing Oscar's bag. 5 minutes later you had finished packing, and Oscar had finished eating.

"I have no idea how I'm going to close this suitcase." You say to Oscar, as he picks up the top side of the suitcase and places it on top of the bottom.

"I see what you mean" he says, standing back beside you.

"I could sit on it?" You say and he nods in reply. You sit down on the suitcase and Oscar begins closing it. After a few minutes of struggling, he manages to close it.

He holds out his hand for you to get up, and you hold it.

"We did it." He says smiling.

"Yeah, when is your flight?" You ask.

"Don't know" he replies, taking his phone out of his pocket, to presumably check what time.

1 minute later he says, " 2 hours so I should probably book a taxi, do you need me to book you one or?"