part 52

You begin to walk towards the mercedes garage to meet Carmen when Arthur walks up to you.

"Art! Haven't you got a race going on?" You ask, hugging him.

"Yes, starts but i still have 5 minutes so i'm just going on a walk to clear my head." He says, retuning the hug.

"Oh right, where's Carla?"

"She couldn't stay for today, she needed to return to work."

"Aw, don't worry i'll watch. I'll leave you to walk then "

"Thanks, Bye." He says whilst walking in the opposite direction to you.

Finally you reach Carmen who was talking with her boyfriend, George.

"Carmen you look so beautiful!" You say, hugging her.

"Thank you Aurelia, you look amazing! Bye george." She says, whilst you two begin to walk away.

"Do you want to go to the paddock club? We could watch the f2 race" She asks you.

"Great idea,  I am  meeting Lando in 30 minutes but i'll stay until then."

You get into the paddock club and sit down at a table close to the balcony with a perfect view of the starting grid and the television that would be showing the race.

O S C A R P O V

You rush into Zac's office and realise only Lando was sat inside.

"Where's Zac?" You ask, whilst sitting down.

"Late." Lando replies coldly. Guess he was still pissed you went out with Aurelia last night.

You didn't actually do much with her, just went on a walk along the beach. But it annoyed Lando so you decided to rub it in. Only as a joke. At that point, you had no idea what would happen in the coming hours.

"How was Aurelia last night?" You say.

"Shut up Oscar, you know very well what she was doing last night don't you?" He replies, spitting out his words.

"Yeah i do."

"I swear to god, i'm going to ruin your race if it's the last thing i do." He says.

"You try f**k up my race i dare you." You reply, before Zac enters.

You were determined to finish higher than Lando in the race. No matter the cost.

when it gets personal, you can get dirty.

30 minutes later, Zac dismisses you both and Lando walks out before you could speak to him. Yes, you would have apologised for the joke, but you couldn't help wanting to beat him in the race.

A U R E L I A P O V

You look at the time and your phone and see a message from Lando telling you to come meet him.

"Lando's finished now, goodbye Carmen. I'll see you after the race." You say, getting up out of your seat and hugging her before exiting the paddock club.

It hadn't been the best race for Arthur, he was currently p12.

A few minutes later you find Lando sat down on a bench near McLaren, and he wasn't looking the happiest.

"Lia..." Lando says, standing up and pulling you into a hug as soon as you reach him.

"Hey, is everything alright?" You ask anxiously.

"mhm." He replies hiding his face in your hair.

"Okay, well let's go to your driver room." You say, as he lets go and holds onto your hand.

As you get to the driver rooms, Oscar exits his room and smiles at you. But gives Lando a death stare.

"P**s off Oscar." Lando says, before opening his door and you enter before getting the chance to talk to Oscar.

"Okay Lando, what's happened."

"Nothing, i'm just overwhelmed with the race." He says pacing around his room.

"It's fine, come sit." You say, patting a seat beside you.

You place your hand on top of his, and your other on his back.

"Nothing is going to happen, you don't need to win to prove people you are a great driver. Whatever happens, i'll be here supporting you. Okay?" You say.

"Thank you..." Lando replies, looking at you deeply.

His eyes were gorgeous. Gorgeous like the ocean.
You could look into them for hours on end, and you could guarantee you would never get bored. Ever.

15 minutes later, you were watching the drivers parade. You couldn't help but smile whenever Lando was shown.

You were still sat in his driver room waiting for him to return as you had promised. You wanted him to trust you.

10 minutes later he walks into the room, once again with a pissed look on his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You say, standing up and placing your hand on his arm. In return, he placed his arm around your shoulder and neck.

"Just a driver annoying me." He replies, his gaze softening as he looks at you.

"You want to talk about it?" You ask.

"I just need to push it to the back of my mind until after the race."

"Of course, you don't want to take personal problems onto the track." You say, smiling up at him, showing your dimples.

He smiles back and let's go of you to walk over and pick up his racing gear.

"Do you need me to leave whilst you prepare for the race?" You ask, knowing how Arthur always needs to be left alone before a race to clear his mind.

"You can stay if you would like, my trainer will be coming any time now to do some stretches."

"Only if you want me to."

"Of course i would want you to."

30 minutes later you walk into the main garage, where the cars were. Lando did stretches for about 15 minutes, and then got changed into his racing suit.

"You can watch from here later." Lando says, pointing at an area of spectators.

"Thank you."

"No problem, you can stay with me on the grid then come back here to watch. And don't forget, cameras will come to you."

"Yes, like yesterday."

"You never told me that."

"I guess i forgot, i'm sorry."

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Lando! We need you to get to the grid!" Someone says from near Lando's car.

"Okay, one minute." He shouts back.

"Wait here, and i'll come get you once i'm lined up." He says to you.

"Lined up on the first row." You add, smiling.

"Yeah..."

"Don't worry, you will do great."

"With you supporting me I will."

"Good job I am." You reply, as he goes to get in the car.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🧡 just wanted to let you know, I have the next parts already written and Aurelia will admit her love to one of the drivers <3 ||