part 99

the night before the wedding...

you were sat at the hotel vanity doing skincare whilst lando was already lying in bed. you had already been sat there for nearly 20 minutes, but you wanted your skin to be perfect for tomorrow.

you were slightly nervous about tomorrow, you didn't want to say having regrets for agreeing to marry him. but maybe you were...

surely it's normal?

"are you alright? you've been holding that pot for nearly 5 minutes now. and you still haven't used it." lando says, now standing beside you.

you look down and put the pot of moisturiser down before looking at lando.

"i think im scared." you admit.

"what about?" lando asks, taking your hand in his.

"what if we go wrong? what if we aren't meant to be together?"

"i would be pretty surprised if we aren't meant to be together. we have been through so much together. and i don't plan to fall out of love with you ever."

"is it normal to be worried before a wedding?"

"yes, of course it is baby. but as long as you love me, because i most definitely love you. we will be okay, we will be great together."

"i do love you lan, so much."

"then what are you worrying about?" he says.

"i don't know..."

"follow me." lando says.

he helps you up before guiding you out onto the balcony. he stands behind you, both of his arms around you. the sun was setting, and it was gorgeous.

"it's beautiful." you say, smiling back at lando.

"i would prefer to look at you." he says, making you blush.

he gently lets go of you and moves beside you, and you turn to face him. he holds out his hand, palms facing the ceiling.

"would you let me have this dance, ms leclerc?" he says, and you place your hand in his.

"indeed i would, mr norris." you reply, smiling at him with your dimples showing.

he places his hand on your waist, and you place yours on hid neck. you begin a slow waltz, before you rest your head on his shoulder.

"ik houd zo veel van je" lando whispers.

"what does that mean?" you ask, smiling up at him.

"Ik kan niet wachten om je mijn achternaam te geven" lando says again, in a language you were yet to work out.

"since when do you speak another language?" you ask.

"it's dutch, my mum taught me it when i was young."

"you told me you didn't remember it well."

"i don't speak it often, but i could never forget it."

"what does it mean though?"