Part 21

You lean over and turn the radio on and one of your favourite songs begins to play. Of course, it was in French and Oscar didn't understand it, but you began singing along in your own language whilst looking out the window. As the song comes to an end Oscar breaks his silence. "That was gorgeous Lia..." You look over to him smiling at you. You smile back, god his smile was so contagious. "Aw thank you Oscar, now it's your turn to sing" You say with a slight giggle. "What? I don't speak French let alone sing!" He says. "Then you choose a song". You argue playfully back. He stays silent for a few seconds as he pulls the car to yet another stop. "Well I'm sure you would love to hear my angelic voice, but I'm afraid we are here now." He says smiling at you. God his smile had you in a chokehold.

He gets out and runs over to your door. "Everytime Mr. Piastri?" "Yes ma'am." He says nodding, whilst shutting the door behind you. You both walk up to the entrance of the art gallery and pause, looking at the exterior. "This is my favourite place in all of Monaco '' you say, looking at Oscar who was also looking at the exterior. "Well then, I hope I make this your favourite experience here" he says smiling holding out his arm for you to hold. You wrap your arm through his and you both enter the art gallery.

You enter the first room and fall in love with all the art draped on the walls. You both wander  around the many rooms together for 2 hours, you show Oscar your childhood  favourites pieces from each room, and he shows you pieces he loved from the first sight. Love at first sight with art was true, maybe truer than romantic love. Definitely easier to find. You walk up to a newer piece of art, that you hadn't seen before and god, it was gorgeous. The definition of beauty. A woman with a perfect body, flowing brunette hair with brown eyes. "She looks like you" you hear from behind, knocking you out of your  daydream, into a flashback.

F L A S H B A C K

You were a good few months into your relationship with Noah and you had gone out on a date with him, against yourself not wanting to. It was important to him that you looked like a perfect couple, so there you both were walking hand in hand, with your other hand holding a bouquet of red flowers, in an art gallery. "I'm going to look at a painting over there, Noah." You say to him, trying to unwrap your arm from him. "Wait a minute, I said you can't call me that in public" He says, with a tint of anger in his voice and on his face  as he grabs your arm, pinching your skin. "I-I'm sorry,Love" His face softens as he leans down to kiss your forehead. "Go on Baby" he says as he lets go.

You sit down on a bench beside a painting of a lady. In your mind, she was gorgeous, perfect in any and every way. But in other people's minds, they would find her fat. Or slightly chunky to put it nicely. For you, you didn't care what people outside liked, as long as the inside was kind. That's all that mattered for you. Except for yourself. During your relationship with Noah, you had begun to hate your body which led to not eating for long periods of time.

"Look, that one looks like you" you hear from behind. You look behind and see Noah, laughing lightly, looking at the painting of the woman. You put on a fake smile, scared of what his reaction might be if you didn't. This was the complete opposite of how you felt inside. His words ruined the day. And his word led to you not eating for 13 days. You just wanted to leave. "You're so right babe..." you said, followed by a fake laugh.

P R E S E N T. T I M E

You look behind you and see Oscar standing beside you, looking up at the painting in front. You join back to normal time and smile at him. "No, I don't think she looks gorgeous, perfect." "And so are you Lia." You sigh, and secretly look down at yourself but look back up before anyone could see. "Let's go to the next room, yeah? I think it's the flower room." You nod and follow him into the next room. You enter and a painting immediately catches your eye, that you had never seen before. It was a painting of a bouquet of peonies. "You like the peonies?" Oscar asks, you nod in return. "They are my favourite flowers" "Mine is daisies" Oscar replies, pointing at a painting beside the peonies. He leads you to a bench in front of the two paintings.

You pick your phone out of your bag and take a photo of the two paintings together, and post on your Instagram story, tagging Oscar. "Loo." You say, showing Oscar. "Aww that's cute" he says, taking his own phone out of his pocket. You reply to a few messages you had from some friend when you get a notification from Instagram.

Oscar piastri reposted your story

You look over at him and smile, leaning against his shoulder. You both sit there in silence for a few minutes, before you let out a tired yawn. "Tired?" Oscar asks and you nod. "Yeah, been a busy few days, tomorrow is definitely a stilrein f day""Lucky, i have to go back to Milton Keynes tomorrow night and my hotel room is full of clothes thrown everywhere. "I can help if you want?" "No, you sleep" "I'm being honest, I can't stay home all day." "If you're sure? I'll send you the address and number later." You nod. "Can we go now? I'm tired ""Of course" Oscar replies helping you up first then getting up himself.

He holds out his hand and you take it. He places his other arm around your shoulder, pulling you onto  him whilst guiding you to the car.
You sit down and put your seat belt on whilst he gets in his seat and starts the car. You both talk about small things during the drive back to your home. You felt like you could talk about anything with him. Once you get to your house you go to  leave by yourself. "Where do you think you're going by yourself?" "My house?" "Wait for me" He says, you stand by the car and wait for him to walk over to you. He walks you up to the door and hugs you. "Thank you for today Oscar, it was so fun to spend time with you" "Anytime pretty girl" He says as you both say goodbye and you shut the door.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🧡 writing the next part soon and maybe uploading tonight or tomorrow <3 ||