1

" everyone this is Morgan she will be staying with us for a while."

Morgan took in her surroundings. This is where she would be staying now. She was only ten years old and yet she experienced the worst thing a kid could go through.

Morgan went and sat in a corner of the room. She was scared. Every one she loved always left. She didn't want to get close.

" hi I'm Tom. Your name is Morgan right?"

A boy around her age named Tom approached her. Morgan just looked up ant him and shook her head agreeing.

" that's my brother over there named bill. Would you like to be our friend?"

Morgan shook her her head saying no.

" I understand. If you ever want someone to talk to or need a friend we are here."

The boy walked away leaving the girl. She made him sad. You could tell she was very sad. The boy went and sat next to his brother. " is she ok Tom?" His brother asked

" no bill she's in foster care why would she be happy. Obviously something bad happened to her. She's scared she won't even speak." Bill looked at his brother with sad eyes.

" she'll come around one day we just have to give her time." They sat at the table trying to finish their puzzle.

Time went on and the girl still didn't speak. She had now been here for 4 months. She barely eats, talks to no one, and just sits in her corner and reads.

Tom and bill wanted to help her so much. They would always ask if she wanted to play with them but her eyes would never leave her book.

The boys sat at their table and were eating. Something shocking happened. " may I sit here?" She quietly asked them.

" of course come sit." Tom looked at her with adoring eyes. She was the prettiest girl he had ever seen. " bill and I are 10 how old are you?"

" 10."

" when is your birthday?" Asked bill. The boys were patient with her. What they didn't expect was for her to start crying.

" by birthday is the day my parents died. It's in 8 months. I don't like to think about it." The boys looked at her with concerning eyes. They didn't know such a simple question would hit such a nerve.

Everyday she would sit with them. As time went on she slowly started to open up. Sometimes she would even smile which made the boys so happy.

" we're going to be in a band one day! Did you know that Morgan?" Asked bill very excited.

" I hope you make it big one day. I know y'all will be great. I hope to see y'all perform."
Morgan sat back and admired them.

" you'll have a front row seat Morgan." Said Tom. He was so happy she was becoming their friends.

" what should we name it though?" Bill asked. Morgan looked back at them. " what about black question mark?" She said laughing.

"It's weird but I like it." Said Tom

" here you can have our first autograph." They gently took her arm and signed their names with a big black question mark.

Morgan looked down in it and smiled.

The three of them became the best of friends. They never left each others sides. Morgan was scared though. What if one day they left her. She would have no one again. She didn't like thinking about that though. So she forgot about it.

" Tom? Bill? Can you come here please." The foster care lady was very kind. Tom and bill approached her.

" you needed us?"

" there is a lovely man that wants to meet you he wants you to come live with him."
Tom and bill were so happy they would have a family now. All of that changed though when they turned around and saw Morgan.

Tears began to run down her cheeks. " Morgan you're going to find a home. One day we will reunite and you will come to all of our shows. I know it." Bill said hugging her.

" Morgan we love you so much. We will write you I promise. You're my best friend. Morgan I love you." Tom then gave her a big hug. Before she knew it he gave her a kiss. " we will all be together again. Never forget us please."

And she never did. She thought about them everyday. She went to bed that night thinking about them. Then she realized. It was her birthday. Her birthday brought pain. Everyone she loves left her on her birthday. She vowed even at the young age of eleven to never get close to anyone. Never show any emotion.