" Morgan come here darling." It was Kathy. She ran the foster care building. Bill and Tom left her a year ago. She still thought of them everyday.

" hi Morgan. My name is Derek. I'm your foster dad." He stool his hand out for Morgan to shake. She was unsure about him. His eyes scared her but she took his hand and shook it.

" goodbye Morgan I'll miss you so much." Kathy gave Morgan a hug and then Morgan was escorted to the car. A limo to be exact.

" you're going to live in a big beautiful house. I'm a very important person in this country."

Derek took her to a little diner so he could get to know her better. She didn't like this at all. From a young age she has been able to read people. She tried her best to shake this uneasy feeling.

" how old are you Morgan?"

" I'm 12. My birthday was yesterday."

" oh how lovely. And do you have any friends?"

" I use to but they got a foster parent last year."

" I'm so sorry to hear that. You're going to love the new house."

Derek spent the rest of the year to get her to trust him. It took a very long time. She was a stubborn child. Into the fifth month of being there he finally got her to open up.

" hi Derek." Morgan said coming down stairs.

" morning and how did you sleep?"

" I slept good thank you for asking."

Morgan's pov: I decided to give him the benefit of doubt. He lived in this big house with no one. Just men in and out of the house. She figured he was lonely and that's why he wanted to foster her.

Derek hadn't sent her back to school which made her kind of sad. She hoped maybe if she went to school she would run into Tom and bill.

What silly thoughts she'd probably never see them again.

" so I won't be going to school ever?

" Morgan you know I'm an important man. That being said I have a target in my back because of this. If someone finds out about you then they will target you."

I just shook my head. It makes sense.
" alright let's go your teacher is ready to start your lessons." Derek stood up and so did I.

I headed to the my study room for my lessons. " nice to meet you Morgan I'm Katherine. I can't wait to teach you.

Derek's pov:

My plan is working. Once she fully trusts me which I believe will be a year I'm going to flip this script. I really only needed her here to make myself seem better in the public eye. If people think I'm a family man then they will respect me again.

She should be close to finishing her lesson it's been about 2 hours.  She is going to be perfect. I know I picked the right one. After what her parents did I will be sure to put her through the same pain.