47

Morgan's pov:
I was told that after tonight I would be given information on the plan that Derek has planned.

We had a huge ball to attend to tonight. Everyone was to wear masks to hide their identity. It sounded so interesting but I loved the idea. I was in my room getting ready. I was almost done with my hair and makeup. I felt very pretty today I was also told to wear a black wig because Derek wanted to keep my identity hidden.

I don't know what the big deal is but I don't want to disappoint him. I put on another shiny blue dress. It had some cut outs and a deep cut down my back. I've never felt this beautiful.

Derek: come on Morgan we need to head there now.

I came down the stairs and was met with Derek looking at me and taking in my appearance.

Derek: I want you to dance and flirt I want information on people you got it?

Morgan: yes sir

Toms pov:
We were sent a text by some random number saying we were to attend some type of ball tonight. We had to wear masks to cover our faces. It sounded weird but the text also said if we don't attend bad things would come our way.

Everyone was downstairs waiting on me. I really don't feel like going out and being social but I knew I needed to. I really couldn't take any more bad things happening in my life.

Bill: there he is! Let's go.

While in the car everyone was laughing and having fun but I just looked outside of the window. I wonder what Morgan is doing right now. Is she safe?

I was in such a daze I didn't even realize we had arrived. When we got there I was shocked at the size of the building.  I looked at the stair case and saw a girl in a blue dress coming down them. She had long black hair. She was pretty but she wasn't Morgan. No one would ever be able to compare to her.

Morgan pov:

Derek informed me that I was to get information out of a boy named Tom. He gave me a description of  what to look for since I wouldn't be able to see his face.

Derek has been working with me for 3 weeks on how to get information out of people. I was looking everywhere for this mystery person. I noticed a decent size group of people all huddled talking to each other.

Then I noticed the hair and new I had found my target. I would keep a very close eye on him. A slow song came on and that meant everyone had to slow dance so I approached the boy and asked him to dance.

He looked nervous how cute. He took me by the waist and we began to dance.

Morgan: what's your name?

Tom: I'm Tom and what's your name.

Derek told me to give him a fake name.

Morgan: my name is Mariah

Tom: that's a lovely name

Morgan: what brings you here

Tom: I was sent an invitation

Morgan: I'm very glad you decided to attend.

The boy looked lost in thought.

Morgan: so is there anyone special in your life

Tom: there was. I still love her she was really special to me. I hope one day maybe we could be together again.

Morgan: I'm sure if the time is right she'll come back. Life has a funny way of working things out

Tom: yea

The song finally came to an end and we went our separate ways. I headed to Derek to tell him what was discussed.

I knocked on the door to the private room.

Morgan: hi I danced with him and we talked

Derek: and what was said?

Morgan: he really wouldn't open up he's closed off

Derek slapped me across the face

Derek: I wanted important information and you weren't capable of such a simple task. You're useless you know. Maybe you aren't needed for the task at hand

Morgan: I can do it I tried so hard but he wouldn't open up. He's sad and closed off I can't help that

Derek: try harder you start tomorrow!

I left the room and cried. I wish I wasn't such a disappointment.