A Race against time P2

Notes: A continuation from the last chapter part of the "A Race against time" chapters.

It had been a minute since Karen had left to go call CJ in private and everyone was getting worried about her. "I'm a go find my mama." Nikki said getting up from her seat feeling restless. "I'll go with you too." Jacky said while Mattie was gonna stay behind with Drew just in case if the doctors had came back with some urgent news considering how serious this situation was.

But when they had went to go find, Karen they didn't see her anywhere until they had walked further back and Nikki had spotted her mama on the floor against the wall as if she was in the middle of a panic attack.

"Mama?!" Nikki lightly yelled out running towards her after lightly tapping her auntie Jacky's arm spotting Karen having a whole entire breakdown.

"Mama what happened?!" Nikki asked her seeing her mama in shambles. But then it had became apparent to the both of them that Karen was really having a panic attack right in the middle of her crying and Jacky had to coach, Karen through it.

Once they had calmed her down, Nikki had sat next to her mama giving her sometime to get up on her own if she had wanted too. When she did both Jacky and Nikki had helped her up.

"Mommy what happened? How'd it go?!" Nikki had sweetly asked her and all Karen could do was to shake her head no crying again because of how badly the conversation went.

It was like she couldn't even tell them and Nikki knew that something had to have happened or CJ had to have lost his mind because she didn't like how her mama was crying all hard.

It was as if Karen had no strength in her and her inner child was coming out for real while being in full blown tears. Once that happened, Jacky had turned Karen around towards her pulling her into a hug letting Karen cry it out on her shoulder while patting her on her back.

"It's okay." Jacky had whispered comfortingly in her baby sisters ear. "Everything's gonna be alright. Whatever it is God will work it out." Jacky said.

Once Karen was finished crying after Jacky had handed her a box of tissues to wipe her tears with she was ready to start talking about how the conversation went. But when she had started talking about it, it had made her cry some more.

"Sooo what you're saying is he won't do it?!" Nikki asked her mama looking at her auntie Jacky like she was about to beat someone up. "Nikki, no." Jacky said already knowing what Nikki was thinking. "Auntieee." Nikki said in a dramatic voice. "Faith needs help and her own father won't even help her." Nikki said. "Now I know grand daddy was crazy but at least he would still help even if he was a deadbeat. But that's just how crazy he was." Nikki said to her.

"I know and that's why he's deemed as unpredictable." Jacky said talking about Elbert.

"But CJ is not." Jacky said.

"Auntie." Nikki said putting both hands on her hips.

"Nikki don't do it." Jacky said already knowing what she was about to do as she had pulled out her cell phone. "He made mama cry you gonna let him get away with it?!" Nikki asked her using reverse psychology on her. "Nahh." Jacky said seeing that Nikki had a point because she didn't like when anybody made her baby sister cry either.

"So we gotta do it." Nikki said. "Or I'll do it." She told her. "Making my mama cry." Nikki said.

"Mommy what's the number?!" She had asked her wanting the correct number to call that man on. "Nikki I don't want you getting involved in it." Karen said trying to keep the peace.