Youth Day P3

Notes: The kids have youth day at church and Faith gives her first sermon and J.Drew sings his first solo shocking everyone.

Sidenote: A continuation of the last chapter.

When they had finally  made it to church, Faith was getting ready acting as if she was the top  dog today. "Somebody thinks she's the boss." Nikki playfully said  looking at her sister acting as if she was really the preacher. "I  meannn. Technically I am in chargeee." Faith said while happily pointing  to herself. "See all this preachin' stuff goin' to her head now. It's  making her have a big ole' headdd. She already got a big ole' forehead."  Nikki playfully said to Drew while he tried to hold in a laugh. "Whateva  don't hate cause you not the main preacher." Faith said as she was now  accepting her role for today.

"Now Faith don't get too carried away it's only for today since it's Youth Day." Drew told her.

"I  know. I know but I plan to take full advantage of it well within my  rights. But like I said I've turned over a new leaf and sooo I won't get  carried away. I promise." Faith said nodding her head yes. "Mmmhmmm."  Nikki said looking Faith up and down already knowing how the end of  service was gonna go because of how dramatic Faith can be.

Once  it was time for service to start the family had headed into the  sanctuary and youth day was beginning. Needless to say all the kids who  was participating in Youth Day gotten smiles from the adults happy to  see them involved in the church.

When  it was time to read the announcements Melody came up cheerful and  bubbly as her old self would be instead of trying to act as if she was  hard. This surprised, Drew because she had actually seemed like she had  enjoyed reading the announcements to the congregation and she ain't  stutter not one bit especially when she was taking her time to read.

She had actually woken up more of the congregation as well and the kids was doing a good job with keep everyone interactive.

Now it was time for what the people was waiting for as Harmony had introduced her sister.

"We  will have our sermonic selection by the Youth Day pastor, my sister,  Faith Evans." Harmony said smiling at them while everyone had clapped  and said, "Amen" waiting for Faith to start singing because they had  been waiting for this moment patiently.

When Faith had grabbed the mic she didn't waste anytime as she started singing.

When she started to sing people was immediately getting chills sent up their spines.

They  knew she had the anointing and was Karen Clark Sheard's daughter with  how she was belting out the song and how smooth her tone was during her  performance at the same time.

Faith  knew she was going to take her time with the song like how her grand  mother Mattie had taught her to do. So she was doing as such and  concentrating on pleasing the Lord.

During  the middle of the song more claps were made as she had hit the high  notes with ease and had made the congregation stand up ending the song  off with an amazing run.

When  she was done singing she had a standing ovation from everybody with  Karen giving her daughter the nod of approval and Mattie doing the same  as well knowing that she had told her right.

Then  after that had happened it was now time for the children's choir to  sing and Karen's heart was pounding out of her chest waiting to for her  baby to sing and praying that he does well.