Keep them safe

Notes: Tory talks to Karen about what her next plans are gonna be to keep her and Faith safe.

Trigger warning: Mentions of violence.

It was the next day and Karen and Faith had just finished writing the rough draft for the song that they were working on together. She couldn't believe that her and her mother had less arguments over the time that they had been here as well as opening up to Faith opening up to her mother some more so Karen could get a better understanding of her daughter.

However once they were bonding and having quality time with each other, Tory had came in with some food to give to the girls.

But while Faith had started to eat Tory had wanted to talk to Karen alone.

"Kare can I talk to you for a bit?" He had asked her and Karen had smiled at him nodding her head yes as she had left the kitchen for a little bit going into a separate room to talk to her.

"What you wanted to talk to me about?" Karen had asked him all eagerly thinking that they had finally got Big J.

"Well I had wanted to ask you about fighting lessons?" He said. "Fighting?" Karen had asked him slightly sucking her teeth taking him for a joke. "You know I know how to fight already. I don't need those." Karen said shaking her head no. But then Tory had sighed blanking his eyes at her as if he was concerned for her wellbeing.

"Why would you even ask that?" Karen questioned him as she had wanted to know.

"Just in case if anything happened I wanted you to be more protected." He said.
"You're like a little sister to me and it would kill me if something happened to you or Faith." He told her.

And, Karen had gave him a soft smile.

"I dont think I need any lessons." Karen said shaking her head again still not listening to what he was saying.

"Karen we all know you can fight." He said giving her that and Karen had nodded her head yes.

"But when it comes down to Big J it's like you just freeze up around him." He told her telling her the truth.

"No, I don't I never did." Karen said just lying for whatever reason.

"Karen." Tory said being serious with her.

"Think of all the times that he had hit you." He told her. "That he abused you especially when you had tried to fight back he didn't like it. But he also got away with it because he knew how to overpower you." He told her.

"This time that you're back within his view I just need for you to be able to protect yourself against him because if not I'm afraid that he might try to take you for good and we won't ever see you again and we can't let that happen. Because then it'll be worser than the last time." Tory said.

"Tory I know you're worried about me but I'm a big girl now. I'm not the same scared, pregnant 16 year old, little girl that you met anymore." Karen said shaking her head no.

"I've fought him before." Karen told him.

"And how did that end up?" He asked her needing her to be honest with herself.

"Tory that's not fair you know that." Karen said.

"I know that's why I asked. That's why I'm coming to you about this Karen you have to be ready for him because if you think if you honestly think that you're safe in here then you're mistaken." He told her.

"And deep down inside I know that you know that he's gonna find you and Faith sooner or later." Tory said.

"He always do." He said.