She's doing what P3

Notes: Karen finds out the truth about why Nikki was stripping and the family reacts.

Side note: A continuation from the last chapter.

When Nikki had said that it was like everything had stopped.

"What?!" Karen had said as quiet as a mouse feeling her heart literally drop to her stomach because N'ylani was like her baby for real.

Suddenly Karen was feeling real bad for not giving her daughter a chance to speak earlier realizing now that she had over reacted due to her fears of Nikki being seriously or traumatically hurt at a strip club like she was because her time in the strip club had ended up with her being pregnant with Faith.

"Nicole stop playin' to get out of this why would you lie on your child's life like that?! " Karen said being indenial about everything not wanting to believe what she had just heard.

"You already whooped me why would I lie about that?!" Nikki said pointing to herself while sobbing in between her tears.

Here, Nikki was having a whole entire emotional breakdown crying over her dying child putting her hands up to her face trying to wipe away her tears as if she was a child.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" Nikki yelled out and so Karen had immediately knew that Nikki was telling the truth and she was stressed out about everything and here she was trying to be all hard when Nikki actually needed the softer side of Karen.

Thankfully, Karen had said a quick prayer asking for God to forgive her of making the mistake of whooping Nikki. She had honestly let the emotions get the best of her. She didn't want to end up being like either of her parents who had failed her. So she had stepped up in taking accountability. Even though, Mattie had took accountability for how Karen had turned out in not protecting her more even though she didn't know. Mattie had done it too late when the damage was already done. Karen didn't want it to be that way.

So here she was finally stepping back into her soft mom side taking her daughter into her arms and holding Nikki close while she had cried her eyes out.

"It's okay." Karen had quietly told her being all soft again.

"I'm so sorry." Karen said apologizing to her right then and there not wanting to wait because she knew how it important it was for her to have someone at least apologize to her when they had did her wrong. But she never truly had that except for her mother even though it was done late.

"You did try to tell me." Karen said admitting to it and not trying to deny it now like most parents would've still been doing.

"I'm so sorry." Karen said hugging Nikki even closer while Nikki had cried her eyes out over her daughter. She wasn't even upset about getting whooped no more. She was just mad with everything that was going on with N'ylani.

She didn't even try to push Karen away like Faith would've done in this moment if Karen had made a mistake.

If anything all Nikki wanted was to be able to tell her mother what was going on without the fear of judgement considering the fact that she's supposed to be the most responsible one of out all of her siblings.

"It's okay baby." Karen had continued to say while Nikki was still crying hard as could be into her mamas arms making Karen sit down on the floor with her while Nikki had cried and so even though Karen had wanted to cry her ownself she felt like she didn't deserve it now and that she had to be strong for Nikki. Even Drew was hurt by this news and was blanking his eyes all fast to keep the tears from coming. But instead of crying he just took the tissue box that was on the side table and had gave it to Karen so she could wipe Nikki's tears away for her while she was crying.

This whole scene was making Karen tear up her own self while saying a silently prayer in her head for her children.

"It's okay mama's here now." Karen said while softly patting Nikki on her head and kissing her forehead at the same time. "I'm here. I'm here." Karen said holding her and rocking her like she was a baby.

"The doctors said they couldn't do anything to save her." Nikki told her while crying her eyes out.

"She's barely hanging on." Nikki wept as she had continued to sob and cry out loud not being able to control her tears.

"Look at me." Karen told her daughter hating that her oldest child was going through so much pain at a young age which was something that Karen didn't want from them.

"There's not an end date that a doctor can give to anybody." Karen told her with Nikki's lips trembling thinking about what the doctors had told her.

"But mommy you don't understanddd." Nikki had cried.

"They don't have the final say the Lord does!" Karen told her pissed off at the doctors for even telling Nikki that and she didn't care what the results had looked liked either.

"Like I told you before when I was going through chemo, N'ylani is going to make it." Karen told her. "Do you understand me?!" Karen had told her with her daughter still sobbing and struggling to shake her head yes. "Come here." Karen had gently said while hugging her baby while they still sat on the floor. "Mommy I don't want to lose her." Nikki told her through her tears.

"And you're not going too!" Karen told her.

"But she can barely breathe on her own." Nikki cried.

"Look at me." Karen told her.

"I don't care about what those test results say. I don't care about what the doctor says they can't determine the final ending." Karen told her. "God is the Author of all things." Karen told her.

"This is only a test. You can't go losing your faith in God now just because of what man says is impossible." Karen told her.

"We're gonna figure this out because N'ylani's been fighting all this long time up until now and that doesn't mean that we're just gonna give up on her." Karen told her while still holding her and hugging her at the same time.

"Come on and let's get some rest we got work to do." Karen told her as her and Drew had to help Nikki up off the floor being physically weak from crying and exhausting herself. But even though she was physically weak from crying mentally she was feeling better because she had cried.

Because she had released all the stress out through her tears.

So now here Nikki was upstairs with her parents.

"Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight?" Karen had asked her daughter knowing that sometimes they'll want to after a rough day.

"Mmhm." Nikki had said rubbing the tears away from her cries as she was still sniffling.

"Okay baby." Karen told her patting her on the arms.

"Go ahead and get ready to bed and you can sleep with me for tonight." Karen told her and so, Nikki had went into her room to go wash off and change into her night clothes.

Then when she had did that she had got into her mothers bed snuggling up next to Karen as they had both went to sleep that night at 3:30am.

Notes:

What did y'all think about this chapter?

What did y'all think about Karen finally being softer with Nikki when she had needed it the most?

What did y'all think about Karen telling Nikki not to listen to what the doctors said?

Thoughts or Comments?

Thanks for reading!