William Afton/Purple Guy

General Info:

Full Name: William Afton

Age: Unknown (Adult) 

Race/Ethnicity: White

Possesses: SpringTrap/ScrapTrap

First Appearance: Five Night's at Freddy's 2

Latest Appearance: Ultimate Custom Night (Technically) 

Night Active: N/A

Role: Main Antagonist

Status: Deceased

Killer: Springlocks

Quotes (NOTE: Not every quote is in here):

"I always come back." 

"You can't" 

Short Bio:

William Afton is the main antagonist of the franchise, well, before GlitchTrap and Vanny came along anyway. He is the reason the animatronics are alive. He is responsible for the death of a dozen kids and possibly even his wife. He is known for wearing the SpringBonnie suit and luring kids with it. William Afton is a shady business man, he is the co. founder of FredBear's Family Diner. He is also the man who the created the Funtime animatronics. In the games, we don't get a clear understanding of why he does the things he does, but in the novels, it is said he needs children's remnant so that he can achieve immortality, so we can assume it's like that in the games as well. Another idea that has come out is that William discovered remnant, and was fascinated by it, and because he's a crazy person, he wanted to see if these ideas would work, so he kills kids, puts them into suits, and sees them come to life so that they can work for him. William is the father of 3, more on them all later. 

Appearances:

FNAF 1: 

While he doesn't appear in this game, rare easter egg newspapers show us that a man was arrested as a suspect of the missing children, that man being William. 

FNAF 2:

When you die in FNAF 2, minigames might show up

When you die in FNAF 2, minigames might show up. In these minigames, we are introduced to William Afton, known only as "The Purple Guy." First he shows up in give cake minigame, where a purple car shows up, a purple man steps out, kills a child, and then the car drives off. In the Go go go minigame, we are once again shown Purple Guy standing there with a smile, we play as Foxy, when Foxy goes to the other room, he finds 5 bodies. In the Save Them minigame, we see 5 more corpses, Freddy and the Marionette try to save them, but Purple Guy shows up with some sort of weapon, and shuts them off telling them they've already failed. Based on the movie, we can assume this weapon was the same ones used in the movie to disable the animatronics temporarily, this is technically also seen in FNAF 6. 

FNAF 3:

At the end of every night, you play as the animatronics one night at a time

At the end of every night, you play as the animatronics one night at a time. When you do, the same thing happens, you get lured into a back room by Purple Freddy, until it's revealed that William was wearing the suit, so he comes out and dismantles the animatronics. In the final night however, you play as a spirit, you finally go into the room and William is terrified, he tries to get away by hiding in a SpringBonnie suit which then springlocks him, and that there is the big reveal that SpringTrap, the only enemy in FNAF 3, is actually William Afton. In rare death screens, we are shown SpringTrap, trying to take his head off, and then we see inside, is William Afton's corpse. He is still alive. 

FNAF 4:

William Afton makes a brief blink and you miss it appearance

William Afton makes a brief blink and you miss it appearance. When playing as the Crying Child in the minigame after Night 3, you can walk to the animatronics, but if you choose to randomly go back, you will see Purple Guy putting an employee into a suit, then the doors close. 

FNAF: Sister Location:

At first, it may seem like William isn't in this game. But he is. If you go into the secret room, you see the locations of FNAF 4, which imply that William Afton has cameras of his own house, which also implies that he is the father of the crying child and older brother we saw in FNAF 4. And in the custom night, if you complete Golden Freddy mode on very hard difficulty, you will have a cutscene of his son talking to him, which reveals that William sent him down there to look for his daughter, and after that ends, SpringTrap comes out of the darkness. 

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator:

William Afton returns, but he has a new suit. He was lured into this location by his old business partner, Henry. The place burns down with him inside of it, and that's the end of him. In a minigame, if you buy Midnight Motorist, and take the empty path at the bottom at one point, the regular racing minigame will end, and instead, you will be in an empty rode in a purple car. It is highly implied that this is William Afton we're playing as, it's also implied he's drunk and this may take place after the Charlie minigame. It appears that he is yellow instead of purple this time, possibly because he's not a shadow this time around, so he doesn't need to be purple. 

Ultimate Custom Night:

William Afton returns as SpringTrap and ScrapTrap, except, that's not the only way he returns. In this game, we play as William Afton, who is being held here in an eternal personal hell created by a vengeful spirit. So the game may seem like it's just a fun party game, but it's not, there is lore relevance, because of course there is. When you play UCN a lot, you're basically being shown that it's William's personal hell being repeated over and over and over again, forever. 

FNAF VR: Help Wanted:

William Afton is not technically in this game. GlitchTrap appears however, and in this game we are shown not the literal kidnapping, but a representation of how he lured one of his victims away. 

FNAF AR: Special Delivery:

William appears in this game as SpringTrap. 

FNAF: Security Breach:

William Afton returns as BurnTrap, more on that later. 

(P.S. if you're reading this right now, like I said, I haven't played Ruin, I've heard this apparently might not even be William Afton, but again, I haven't played ruin so I'll find out and see what I think). 

FNAF: Security Breach (RUIN):

FNAF VR: Help Wanted 2: