CH 39 - INVESTIGATION BEGINS

In the noisy atmosphere of the bar that Pond often visited, Ohm and Gemini sat quietly looking at the few glasses of wine that Pond had finished drinking and frowned. Something happened to him again today, it was like drinking sour vinegar. His hand still refused to stop, reaching for the bottle of wine, pouring it continuously into the glass and bringing it to his mouth. Gemini couldn't bear it anymore before stopping

"What's wrong with you today?"

I thought he asked me to go to the bar because I hadn't been there for a long time, but I didn't expect him to ask me out like this just to watch him drink continuously. Pond didn't say anything, just remained silent for a while, letting the remaining two people have a few question marks above their heads. Shaking their heads in frustration, both of them didn't care about him anymore.

Gemini sat scrolling through his phone, his eyes flickered when he saw the story Fourth had just posted, an image of both of their faces with unclear faces, only the wool scarf could be seen as the highlight. Fourth doesn't tag the other, which makes Gemini wonder for a moment. Scrolling through Phuwin's news feed, the back of a strange boy was taken, sitting in a strange house, and Fourth was sitting opposite, tilting his head and waving to say hello, they were cooking.

After looking at it for a long time, his mind was already uncomfortable with questions he couldn't explain. Feeling Pond's eyes also looking at his phone and being quiet, he suddenly asked.

"Do you know this person?"

How could he know, he was also curious to death, but he knew, with his nature, if he couldn't investigate in a dignified way, he would ask directly.

"How do I know? Go ask Fourth."

Gemini held the phone, just asking, he texted Fourth and waited for him to answer, but his answer didn't seem to be what he wanted, why not say something, this little cat, today? Tomorrow at school he will force you to confess. Gemini thought like that for a while but then his head jumped again. If he pressured to ask, fourth would hate him, he should probably coax him to say it. Thinking of this, Gemini suddenly burst into laughter
causing both Pond and Ohm to look at each other with disapproval.

--------------------------

The next day, Pond showed up to class earlier than usual and accidentally met Joong who also came early. However, both of them went to their own things and continued to ponder in class. Joong is hiring someone to investigate Dunk two years ago. He knows this is not advisable, but he needs to know what happened two years ago.

The last time he saw Dunk before breaking up was at a big business party. He brought Dunk to the party with him. Then, for some unknown reason, Dunk texted him saying he was tired so he left early. Joong was then He also felt something was different. If he said he was tired, he was ready to leave this formal party to take him home.

That night, he only remembered that he went crazy, because of a catalyst in the glass of wine that he must have drunk. When he woke up the next morning, he couldn't remember anything about last night, and he felt very different inside his body. He later learned through the doctor that he was an Enigma, a rare species in the world.

Joong then wanted to tell Dunk immediately, texted Dunk but he didn't text back all morning, thinking he was tired so he was lazy and slept all day. He bought porridge to Dunk's door, but waited forever. Still no one opened the door.

Joong had to use the spare key that Dunk had given him and entered. The house was empty without anyone. He searched every place in the house but there was no trace of him. Uneasiness arose in his heart when he heard a text message vibrating his phone in his pocket. He held the phone and looked at the message, the box of porridge in his hand just fell to the ground.

Joong saw it, the words breaking up were like a broken door to his heart, Joong opened his phone, called him thousands of times but still got no response, Dunk just changed his own phone number.

Thinking back, Dunk broke up with him for no clear reason. He didn't believe that Dunk said he was no longer bored with him, for such a trivial reason. He knew he and he were both alphas, it was very difficult for them to get together, but since both families had given their permission, there was no need to break up like that. Joong was really stupid at that time, why didn't he investigate him instead of choosing to go abroad and avoid emotions for two years?

Sitting quietly at his desk, Joong looked at his phone, exchanging information about the cameras recording at the party two years ago. He definitely had to investigate to find out if Dunk had encountered anything.

"Joong, Dunk didn't come to school today"

Pond sitting next to Joong spoke up to distract attention from his phone, Joong turned to look at Pond

"Do you know why?"

"I'm not Dunk, my junior just informed me what he could"

Pond's juniors' eyes and ears were everywhere, checking the situation in Dunk and Phuwin's class was also very easy. He had just received a message that Dunk was not going to school, so he just reported it to Joong.

"It's just a day off from school, your attitude is like he's already missed school."

Pond spoke up when he saw the expression on Joong's face. As for Joong, after hearing Pond say that, he quickly wanted to know why he stopped going to school. Dunk never missed school if he didn't have any problems. When he still knew him, they were both excellent students in the school. It's only because they have the same learning aspirations that they got to know each other.

Remember when Dunk injured his leg, took a day off and then went to school on the second day, luckily he would have picked him up, otherwise his leg would have had a hard time healing. Now that he quit school so suddenly, Joong couldn't help but feel scared. He was afraid of Dunk again like two years ago.

"Ah I have this"

Pond spoke up to distract Joong from his thoughts, his phone made a ding sound, Joong looked in, Pond had just sent him a file.

"The information of everyone who attended the party that year, extracted from the cameras from the time the party started to the end, is enough for you to investigate."

Joong stared at the other two files. He clicked on the guest list file and a series of names appeared

"You were there too?"

"I'm also a son of TN group, but at that time I didn't know all of you existed."

Pond crossed his arms, put his feet up on the table and talked, not paying attention to a few students who had already started going to class. Joong didn't say anything more, just nodded slightly and returned to the state of not knowing each other, because the class had already started to have people arriving. Joong was silent, perhaps he needed to rush home today to see all the things Pond sent.