Chapter 4: Piper

HOLA

ALHOA

BOJOUR

HI.

SAY IT HOW YA WANT BUT IT ALL MEANS HI.

THERES THIS RANDOM RUBBER BAND ON THE FLOOR OF MY ROOM AND ITS BOTHERING ME. IF ITS YOUR RUBBER BAND I WOULD COME PICK IT UP IF I WERE U. 

BUT IM NOT.

SO THE RUBBER BAND WILL REMAIN ON THE FLOOR UNTIL IM NOT SO LAZY AND I WILL PICK IT UP. BUT THAT DAY IS NOT TODAY. ITS FRIDAY AFTER SCHOOL. I ANI'T MOVIN FOR AWHILE.

OK, HERES PIPER!!!!!

Piper

I momentarily forgot about the frosty friend when I tasted the cake. It was like taking a bite out of Heaven.

Percy and Annabeth got their slices and without conversation, headed to the beach. My Aphrodite side took over and I followed them.

They sat down and I noticed they  were both teary. Annabeth more than Percy though. She leaned on his shoulder and cried silently as he stroked her back. I didn't know what was wrong.

"Hey, calm down. It's over now. Relax." Percy soothed.

"No it's not! We have always been demigods and always will be! I wish that stupid cake didn't have those pictures on it. We'll never have a break, don't you see? We will never be just... normal. It's like a nightmare we'll never wake up from."

Annabeths words hung in the air.

"Well, if it wasn't for all of this, I wouldn't have you. Being a demigod isn't a curse. It certainly feels like it at times, yes, but there are some pretty incredible things that we wouldn't ever have known about if it wasn't for, well, the gods."

"Like what?" Annabeth said, but she knew the answer.

Percy smiled, took her hand and lead her to the canoe docks, and just simply fell in with Annabeth still with their hands intertwined.

I knew Percy was able to breathe underwater, but Annabeth couldn't so he must've created a bubble. I just had to smile. Jason often took me up so high in the sky at night it looks like the stars were right next to you and you could just, touch it. It was the most amazing thing in my opinion when Jason did that, but seeing the depths of the ocean where nobody has ever been before? Must be priceless. Annabeth was a very lucky girl. Me and Annabeth both were to have Percy and Jason in our lives.

It didn't look like they were coming up anytime soon, so I walked back to the campfire to find Jason.

Leo had apparently started a massive food fight, and I found Jason covered with cake.

"Hey baby!" He walked over to me and I recoiled at him.

"Don't get cake on me!"

He looked at himself, then grinned wickedly. "Want a hug?" He lunged at me and covered me with the frosting.

"JASON GRACE!" I shrieked and picked up a handful of my own slice, and threw it at him. He ducked and it nailed my half-sister, Drew (the one I challenged for bunk leader), while she was putting on lip gloss. She screamed.

"My hair!" She made eye contact with me. "You! McLean! It's on now!"

I'll just say, I'm embarrassed to be related to someone with such bad aim. She missed me by a million miles about a thousand times, so she got frustrated and just stated to chase me.