Chapter 17: Leo

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT LAST CHAPTER I SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED.

IM WATCHIN AVATAR!!!!!!

I feel like shit. Like whoa. My stories may be depressing until I feel better.

1 question: am I funny?

2 question: does anybody even read my authors notes?!

3 question: why do I feel so poopy?

4 question: does anybody want my questions?

Here's Leoooo

Leo

An Aphrodite girl scream are the worst thing, ever. It's like she just got a free sample of makeup.

Annabeth, Hazel and I stumbled into the room where ABC 12 News was on the tv talking about a tourist act in Greece, and it was being blamed on the Americans. Piper had her hands clamped over her mouth.

"What?" Hazel stared at the screen, it showed a mountain with smoke billowing from it and it appeared there was some nasty explosions. A voice was talking about what happened.

"... he barley had time to escape before the expected suspects; Perseus Jackson, Jason Grace and Frank Zhang, set off the bombs. Now we go live to Octavian'a interview."

"What?" Hazel screamed. "No! That demon, son of a Minotaur-" me and Piper both had to tackle her so we could hear the interview.

A pretty beat up looking Octavian was on the screen. His face had a cut going right down his eye down to his jaw, and Annabeth clenched her fists in remembrance of Luke.

There was a woman with bouncy blond curls and too much makeup and she must've weighed 12 pounds. She was talking to Octavian about what happened.

"What happened in there?" She asked dumbly.

"Well, Percy Jackson and his cousin Jason along with their friend Frank found me in the city, kidnapped me and brought me to the mountain. I was knocked out and when I woke up Jason was strapping bombs to my chest and Percy was holding the detonator. He told me to give me everything I had, I had a house key with me, twenty dollars, a cellphone and groceries because I was running errands for my mother who is ill and bedridden. They took it all, and they escaped. Their probably planning to rob my house where my poor mom is. I barley escaped with my life. They threatened that if I didn't give it all to them, Percy would release his thumb off the button."

The lady shook her head. "Well it is possible for police to track them down by the cellphone, arrest them and bring them to justice. How would you feel if they found the three?"

Octavian hesitated then cracked a devious smile. "It would make me feel safer knowing that their off the streets."

"Now, we all know that the main suspect, Percy Jackson has been in the news before. He was accused at just age twelve of kidnapping his mother, and then proved innocent. And almost exactly a year after he burned down his seventh grade school, but the police never found him since. Now he pulled this stunt almost fifteen years later. He is obviously a troubled young man. Octavian, how will this experience affect you?"

"Well, it's hard to say all the reasons. I'll remember their threats forever. I won't be able to just run down to the store for when or if my mom is sick again."

"Now tell me, are you still living with your mother?"

"No, my father passed away so it's just her and I, I'm an only child. She told me she was sick so I stayed with her for a little while."

"Now, what's this about the explosion? Was there more bombs besides the ones with the detonator?"

"Yes, I should've expected it at the exit. They had more. Their friends Frank was by the cave waiting for me to come out, then once he saw me he set those off and I have no clue how they got away."

The woman sighed sympathetically. "God bless your soul. That must've been terrible." She turned to the camera. "Is your child failing school? Stay tuned after this brief break. Back to you, Steve."

The screen went to a Panda Water Ice commercial and we were all speechless.

Tears streamed down Hazels face. "That slimy, evil jerk hasn't changed. They would never do that to Octavian! Plus he lives in California! What is he doing there?"

My head felt heavy. "Guys I need some fresh air."

I ran outside before they could protest. I was running to bunker nine through the forest when I realized I'd already passed the bunker. I slowed to a stop and caught my breath. Percy, Jason and Frank had just pulled a stunt bigger than my Paris one, according to the press, and that jerk Octavian. They most likely snuck out to get the ship. Wait, my ship? Without me? I couldn't say I wasn't offended. Was I not strong enough? Not good enough to go with them? And plus if they even found the ship, I was the only one that knew how to work it, besides Annabeth who could guess.

Jealously flared up inside me. If FRANK was strong and good enough, than I definitely was. I ran to the bunker. I know, call me jealous and stupid, but I hated being called weak. I found some jet pack things and put one on. I was going for them. This time I would be the hero, the brave one.

"Ok," I muttered as I walked out. I couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on. I pressed a green button. Nothing.

"What's this one do...?" I pressed a button, and realized too late that the red button said DO NOT PRESS. The jet pack started to steam and shake, and shooting fire out of the bottom.

"Oops." I was screwed. The jet pack bursts up and out of the forest, torching some trees and I got hit with some branches on the way up.

"Yeah baby!" I shouted as the jet pack lifted me higher and higher. It took me too high. "Oh crud!" The air was getting too thin. My engineers instincts kicked in and I hit a button that said DOWN on it and I slowly started to go lower.

I was cruising along, over some body of water I didn't know the name for when I saw mountains with smoke billowing from it.

Perfect. I thought smugly.

The jet pack stared beeping. I barley had time to read an alert that said LOW FUEL before the water came closer and closer, and then I hit the water do hard it felt like cement and blacked out.

HEY SORRY BUT YA IM STILL SUFFERING A HEAD COLD SO YEAH.

SOOO

IM GETTING LIKE NO COMMENTS OR VOTES AND ALOT LESS READS PER CHAPTER. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME? AM I GETTING BORING??

KK BYE MY ANGEL