Chapter 45: Leo

HELLO!!!!

I KNOW I SAID ILL ONLY UPDATE ON WEEKENDS BUT I FINISHED MY HOMEWORK AND STAYED UP UNTIL 3am WRITING THIS FOR U GUYS

KUZ I FELT BAD ABOUT THAT LAST CHAPTER.....

HEHEH BLAME PIPER SHE'S EVILLLLLLL

BUT YA U BETTER BE THE BEST FANS ONE THE FACE OF EARTH BECAUSE OF THIS.

HAHA JK.

NOT REALLY.

KK DEDDIE GOES TO...

RottenCore!!!

I THINK THAT'S HOW U SPELL IT....

WELL YA!! WHO LOVES LINKIN PARK HERE?!?!?!!?

I

DO!!!!

I KNOW IT'S A LONG AUTHORS NOTE KUZ I DON'T WANNA WRITE SO YAAA IM GONNA.

HEHEH I LOVE LEO HE'S SO AWKWARD!!!

Leo

"Hit the deck!" I screamed, as the bullet flew over Pipers head, missing her by an inch and impaling the wall.

She screamed. "That almost killed me! That. Almost. Killed. Me."

"What the Hades?" Jason sat up wearily, as much as he could being tied up still.

Screaming and shouting was heard from outside. Two other Roman soldiers burst in, ones helmet dented on the side of his head.

"Steven! We're under attack!" one spluttered to the Roman that was interrogating us.

"By what?" Steven asked, clutching his sword that was on his belt.

"We don't know." the other said grimly. An explosion shook the ground and they ran back out, screaming a battle cry.

Steven was torn. He could've left us here or something like that.

He started to jog away but Percy cried after him, "Wait! Untie us! We'll help!"

Steven hesitated.

"We won't betray you!" Jason agreed. "I- no we swear it on our lives."

The Romans take that a little too seriously, I thought.

Steven nodded. "I'll keep that in mind. Just a warning."

He untied us one by one. I could barley hear him mutter a 'thank you' to Percy and Jason.

As soon as we walked out of the building, a massive fireball came out of nowhere and like the stereotypical hero, I ran in front of it and shoved everyone aside, making sure Annabeth was especially out of the way.

"Leo!" The Roman screeched.

Percy sighed. "He's fine."

"What?" Steven examined me. "Oh. A fire user."

I nodded and looked up. There were little mini... things. They looked like mini robots made of white hot bronze, like it was melted already but staying in a shape of a robot. They weren't much bigger than a Pepsi can, but they fired huge fireballs. There had to be thousands of them.

I looked over at Jason. "What are they?"

He looked confused. "What?"

"Jason, I'm not kidding."

"Leo, nothing's there." Percy agreed.

"You don't see those mini robots?" I asked, pointing at one as it flew over Stevens head, missing him by an inch. He didn't even flinch, so he obviously couldn't see them either.

"No." Piper said, drawing her replacement dagger. Since Katoptris was stolen or missing or whatever, we decided not to trust the replacement because we didn't know where it came from, and we didn't want to risk anything. So, she's just using one I whipped up really quick in the forages ages ago.

I groaned. "Can anybody see them?" Everybody shook their heads and one robot spinning out of control almost nailed Percy in the face.

"What about you Fra-" I turned to where Frank was last, and he was gone.

"Frank?" Jason called.

"He's gone." Hazel grumbled with worry.

"Ok," Percy put his hands on his temples, and removed one as he put the groups together, pointing at each person he wanted in a group. "Piper and Annabeth go look for Frank. Piper charmspeak him out of wherever he is and Annaneth I don't want you on the battlefield. The rest of us-" he motioned to everyone but those two- "stay by Leo, since he can see these 'robots'."

Steven huffed. "Who do you think you are, making a battle plan on Roman grounds when you are clearly Greek? And puh-lease, a plan like that has too many flaws, splitting up and-" we were already walking away.

'How do you fight something you can't see? You don't.'

That does not apply here. I would shout on 'your left!' or '12 o'clock!' and it was easy. I'd blast them with fire occasionally, but I was more worried about someone else getting hurt.

Percy was probably the biggest help because there was roughly 200 people here, and Percy was always on his toes and would spray ware out of his wrist like Spider Man and would extinguish them anytime they got fired. But, that meant he couldn't swing Riptide to where the robot was, so that's when I'd come in and blast it so Percy wouldn't have to.

There was no sign of Annabeth and Piper, who were going in every single building looking for him. Piper was shouting and charmspeaking so I could hear her, and I had to fight the urge to 'come out, come out wherever I am'.

I shook and went back to the battle. "Steven! Three o'clock!"

The Roman swung blindly and a sharp clang was heard as the sword met the robot.

"Piper! Right above your head!" I screeched, it was dangerously close.

She yelped and swung until she too heard the clang of the robot hitting the dagger, them the ground. They were still invisible when they were dead and still white-hot, so you had to watch where you stepped.

"You! Kid!" I pointed at a Random Roman as one got really close. "Right behind you!"

Clang.

One fireball neared me, but like usual Percy didn't spray it because it wouldn't hurt me and he just focused on the people who needed protection, meaning everybody but me.

The robots were dropping like flies, and just when I thought we'd won, I saw I was dead wrong.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT HEY AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING.

HEHE.

SO.

MY.

NAME.

IS.

A.

WEIRD.

NAME.

QUESTION:

What do you think Leo saw that made him think the battle wasn't over??

HOPE THAT MADE SENSE.

HEY IM TIRED.

OK BYEEEE.